Hair splitting

Methods, Health Information, Safety and articles of Instruction that benefit both donors and vampires with suggestions about how to interact with each other. This forum is available as a public resource, but only House of the Dreaming Forum participants with Crimson Circle access may post.

Moderator: The Madame X

Hair splitting

Postby Zarabeth » Sat Jul 31, 2004 6:12 am

What is the difference between a draw, a drain, and a touch (as in a strigoi psychic handshake)? I am asking in terms of reactions the donor might have to each.

Be well,
Zarabeth
Zarabeth

Postby Zarabeth » Sat Jul 31, 2004 9:11 pm

LadyBlak wrote:Hi Zarabeth, good question:).
I only have my own feeling to go on and I have never heard of the term "Strigoi vii Handshake". Possibly I might know that by another name:).

There probably is an appropriate term. I just did not think of it when I posted this last night. :)

Zarabeth
Zarabeth

communion

Postby The Madame X » Sun Aug 08, 2004 12:50 pm

generally most individuals clump the 3 terms - draw, drain and communion all together.
I think that there is a big difference between all.

Draw aplies to energy taken from any variety of sources and by utilizing any method, regardless of how personal/impersonal and of how deep. i.e.: Elemental Draw, Sanguine Draw, Pranic Draw, Environmental Draw, Surface Draw, etc...

Drain usually refers to a person to person draw which leaves the donor feeling drained, debilitated and depleted. Deep Communion may cause Drain.

Communion is the consentual inter-personal draw that my cause a drain if the taking partner continues to draw beyond the donors' balance levels.
Not all methods of communion are deep... i.e: surface
But all methods of communion require person-to-person consentual draw.

Hope this helps
Ex Somnius Scientia
Madame X
Matriarch, House of the Dreaming

https://www.facebook.com/madamex.dreaming
The Madame X
Member / Matriarch

Return to Articles: Energy, Blood and Prana