[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
House of the Dreaming • View topic - Savannah Pagan Pride Day

Savannah Pagan Pride Day

Things to do away from the infernal machines.

Moderator: The Madame X

Savannah Pagan Pride Day

Postby Jezabel » Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:02 am

September 17th at the Universalist Unitarian Church from 10am-6pm. More details to come later.:)
"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -- Albert Einstein

"Before you speak, ask yourself ; is it kind? is it true? does it improve on the silence?" - His Holiness The Dalai Lama
Jezabel

Postby Jezabel » Fri Sep 09, 2005 9:01 pm

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -- Albert Einstein

"Before you speak, ask yourself ; is it kind? is it true? does it improve on the silence?" - His Holiness The Dalai Lama
Jezabel

Postby Jezabel » Sat Sep 17, 2005 11:35 pm

Well, since I am the only one on this board that was there the entire time, I guess I can give yall the scoop on PPD, well atleast from my perspective, lol.

PPD once again went wonderfully and the good news is that Adriana has told me now that she does plan to do it again next year (yay)!

Alot of folks had asked about where Madame X was, I am telling you, you are a celebrity, girl, lol.

I created wands and staffs for Black Market Minerals that were used as rafflle prizes to help fund next years' PPD along with a few things donated from the vendors (scarey when a large part of the financial future of PPD rested on my shoulders, lol)! But, it went well and I was very humbled by how many people liked tham and I acutally have a few commissions that are going to go underway too. :) (Actually the only bad thing about PPD was the lady who won the water magick wand kept tapping hers on purpose to get the amethyst point out and splitted the staff. I mean, if she was gonna do it, she could have done that without me being around. Okay, I am having a bit of an artistic ego, but to destroy something I spent hours on creating infront of my face is an insult I take rather personally, so I must say that because of her, my opinion of the Savannah Heathen community has just been downgraded...actually that group on the whole seemed just a bit rude, but perhaps that is just my perception).

There was wonderful Angelic Vibration workshop by Christia Cummings that lead us into bringing our personal vibrations to a higher levelt o make it easier to connect with the angels and divine. The calmness, warmth, and peace people felt afterwards along with angelic messages was just awesome, you would have had to be there!

There were also Paranormal fireside chat by Mark "Marcus" McCabe, a Harmonic Alignment session by Lana Williamson, Children's activities, and a Paganism 101 taught by the Savannah CUUPS group. (None of which I went to as during this time, I was meeting others and really enjoying my conversation wiith an elder of the Cherokee Turtle Clan of whom we have agreed to teach other or pathways. I am really looking forward to that experieince and of course, I then went to Aislin's workshop for moral support).

Aislin's workshop went wonderful, I am so proud of her *snifs* they grow up so fast...lol, kidding, but seriously I think her workshop actually made an impact to help change in some folks the stereotype alot of pagans have towards the vamp community, which is htat we are apparently role-playing geeks with no life.. Aislin, you looked very professional, just like a psychologist almost (guess the degree does come in handy, eh? ;) ) I believe that perhaps in time, that the community can gain more acceptance among the pagan community.

Actually, the interest for both hers and my workshops was so large that they had to move our workshops to bigger rooms, lol! Yes, we rock! :) (And folks who are reading this are saying okay Jezy, switch to decaf...now, lol!)

Then came time for the ritual/Core Harvest Ritual, which we held outside in one of Savannah's beautiful squares. I was really honored and happy to have the part of inviting the Lady (goddess, insert deity name here...) and part of the chant. Being of hte Lakota way and a shaman, I don't really get the pleasure of doing group ritual often and it's always a joy when I do. The positive energy flowing was wonderful!

Next thing in line was my totem animal workshop, followed by my workshop on Intro to Animal Magick Theroy and Practice (both of whom I will be posting either tonight or tomorrow) and the Rites of Rememberance for the GA soldiers by the local Heathen group (which obviously I was not around for because I was teaching, lol).

I really enjoyed teaching people. I joked with them and did my best to make everyone feel included and comfortable. I think it definitely released alot of tensions and nervousness that some of the group had. I know it is my life's mission to teach and heal others and I beleive I accomplished some of that today. I was amazed of the number of people who thanked me and told me I made a differance in thier life, especially a few folks who were therian and did not know that there is a name for what they are and others like them. I also had many questionstossed my way on vampyrism (folks who noticed my ankh) and also, how and if the vampyre, therian, and otherkin communities intermingle.

I also blew out alot of stereotypes concerning animal sacrifice, etc. and have been asked by Marcus to do some work with him. I honestly can't remember every questions people asked me, I was flooded with them!

I met alot of new friends and PPD has restored my faith in that yes, pagans can get together and intermingle without being catty, gossipy, and pointing fingers. I have lived in quite a few places over the recent years and I must say that by far, Savannah has the most connected pagan community I have seen. Everyone was wonderful, it was like a big family reunion and I of course, have already volunteered for next year (no matter where I happen to be living, it will be worth the drive). Savannah PPD had an excellent staff (if I do say so myself and I do....lol).

Other than that, I bought a new book called Embracing the Moon by Yasmine Galenorn, I have only read the back of this book, but I have pretty good feelings about that and alot of folks told me it's a good book. The book was screaming "Jezy, read me!", it has stuff on eclectisism, shadow work, animal magick, etc....my little slice of heaven it seems. :)

I also got these HUGE sea salt crystals, I swear, it is sea salt on steriods!

You guys really missed out, it was a great treat....and that my friends, is my two beads worth. :)

Jezabel

Postby The Madame X » Mon Sep 19, 2005 11:23 pm

I know I missed a terrific event....
I am delighted that more of you are reaching out and getting involved with community events.

While my travels may take me from my homebase in Savannah, I have been meshing my dayside affair with the more enjoyable nightside meanderings by meeting with reps from other communities - including Patrick from Philadelphia, Michelle Belanger from Ohio, Kage from New Jersey... and I spent some time with old friends in Atlanta, Virginia, DC, Maryland and Delaware... ooph! Within the next couple of weeks I hope to travel North East to New England. Just call me Ms Public Relations... lol
Ex Somnius Scientia
Madame X
Matriarch, House of the Dreaming

https://www.facebook.com/madamex.dreaming
The Madame X
Member / Matriarch

Postby Jezabel » Mon Sep 19, 2005 11:31 pm

Mwehehehe, sure, we will even get you a namebadge and a hat, how does that sound? ;) Lol!

Jezabel

Return to Events