HotD gathering in Belfast, UK August 2009

Things to do away from the infernal machines.

Moderator: The Madame X

HotD gathering in Belfast, UK August 2009

Postby The Madame X » Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:48 pm

Please note that Herr Wulfsunus, Khan and I are planing a trip to Belfast Mid August.
While the actual date is TBA, we would be very interested in meeting as many of you as possible while in the UK.
Please let us know if you might be in the area at the time.
We are planing some exciting things while there, would love suggestions and will keep you posted with details.
Ex Somnius Scientia
Madame X
Matriarch, House of the Dreaming

https://www.facebook.com/madamex.dreaming
The Madame X
Member / Matriarch

Belfast August 15th - 20th

Postby The Madame X » Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:29 am

Here are the Belfast dates: August 15th - 20th
We hope that we can spend some time with those of you that can be in Belfast at any point those days.
Meanwhile, stay tuned for a more official event gathering date, time and location.
Ex Somnius Scientia
Madame X

The Madame X
Member / Matriarch

Belfast Northern Ireland Gathering

Postby The Madame X » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:07 pm

Its my pleasure to announce that House of the Dreaming is hosting a Family Weekend in Belfast, UK, Northern Ireland, on the weekend of August 14th - 16th.
Please join Khan, Wulfsunus and I (and perhaps other Family Members, Dedicants and Friends) for an exciting weekend filled with inspiring castles, scenic splendor and rich recounted tales and lore.

We are looking forward to reconnecting with old friends and finally meeting new friends in person. If you are interested in joining us please please drop any of us a line!

We can't wait!
Ex Somnius Scientia
Madame X

The Madame X
Member / Matriarch

Postby SophieAnn » Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:27 am

Hi

I'm still a little confused about dates. Should I be getting my tickets for the 14-16th August inclusive?

Is there accommodation provided? How much is this? Or make my own arrangements?

Blessings and love
Sophie
xxx
Make every moment special
SophieAnn

Postby Aislin Ni MorRhiaghan » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:40 pm

I wish I could be there. Ireland is such a beautiful country. :D
Aislin Ni MorRhiaghan

Postby The Madame X » Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:26 pm

Sophie I sent you a private e-mail.
:)
Ex Somnius Scientia
Madame X

The Madame X
Member / Matriarch

Recap

Postby The Madame X » Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:58 am

Our trip to Ireland was a wonderful recess from the US East Coast Summer heat. Ireland welcomed us with both solar and lunar rainbows, fairy magic, giants' lore and cool misty evenings.

I found Belfast to be a delightful town replete with beautiful alternative types, quite a few kindred and many night havens for both. In fact I stayed right across the Stiff Kitty and the LimeLight, which offered only a fraction of what the NYC LimeLight did in its hay-day, but it was a very pleasant treat nonetheless.

In our short stay there we braved the multitude and went to the Tall Ship Festival where we saw large masted ships from all over the world, including Portugal and Brazil. We ventured up Cave Hill for an overlook of the city. We drove a few miles out of town to visit two 11th century abbeys which now lay in ruins surrounded by old decaying cemeteries - Movilla Abbey and Gray Abbey. We spent some time at Karrifergus Castle unraveling the webs of time with old unbanished spirits. We visited the Giant's causeway at the northern edge of Northern Ireland where geology is enveloped by fascinating mythology. We spent an evening walking about the Giant's Ring, said to be an ancient Neolithic tomb...I however have other ideas as to its original purpose). We also visited the ancient necropolis of New Grange and Knowth (sites believed to be 1000 older than the Egyptian pyramids) built in a magical place of high energy, now a picture perfect town of Slane where spent a day walking and discovering the possible ways of our ancient forefathers bathing in their still surviving energy.

It was wonderful to learn so much and be surrounded by so much unmoved history.

I need to thank all of those old and new friends and family who made this weekend possible being there in person to share with us their thoughts, dreams and embraces where Wulfsunus, Khan, Cama, Xaphaniel, Sophie, Ingrid and Corinth are at the top of the list.

And my sister Aislin, although you were not there in person, know that you were certainly there in thoughts and memories relived. We must talk!
I do wish more of you had been there with us... yet i know that we brought you all with us in thought and spirit.
Ex Somnius Scientia
Madame X

The Madame X
Member / Matriarch

Postby Aislin Ni MorRhiaghan » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:55 pm

Absolutely!! If I can manage to stay awake that is lol! I will bug you soon. I'm glad to hear your trip was full of all the beautiful things I used to hear my grandmother talk about. It sounds like a great time was had by all and no doubt lots of wonderful food and company :D . Still I'm glad to hear you've all made it back safe and sound.

Eternally,

Aislin
Aislin Ni MorRhiaghan

Postby The Madame X » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:10 am

Aislin you were definitely very present there, particularly when we visited NewGrange and Knowth at Slane, which I think may be exactly what you are reading about...the towers you referred to yesterday.

As far as food... hehe I did most of the cooking while there, but we did manage to get some extraordinary Indian Food at a very friendly classy place called Indian River right in Belfast and a remarkable South African meal at a very atmospheric restaurant called Phezulu in the town of Bangor... I think Von Spookiness might smile about that. We did eat local fare too but we opted for unimpressive fish and chips. In retrospect, I suppose we should have ordered the shepherds´pie.
Ex Somnius Scientia
Madame X

The Madame X
Member / Matriarch

Return to Events