[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
House of the Dreaming • View topic - Vampire Masquerade Ball

Vampire Masquerade Ball

Things to do away from the infernal machines.

Moderator: The Madame X

Vampire Masquerade Ball

Postby Valeska Rose » Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:40 pm

Entiar Vel Comdach Nagia
(Until We Meet Again)
Valeska Rose

Postby The Madame X » Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:10 am

Where? Portland?
Ex Somnius Scientia
Madame X
Matriarch, House of the Dreaming

https://www.facebook.com/madamex.dreaming
The Madame X
Member / Matriarch

Postby deacongray » Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:25 pm

yes indeed! I do love the event, myself Alterra and Ezikiel went last year, and hope to drum up the funds to go again. Of course that is always the issue...

It would be interesting though, a House trip to the Vampire Masq Ball in Portland Oregon in March.
Wicked Warrior
deacongray
Member / Elder

Postby Valeska Rose » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:25 pm

To Madame X: Yes Here in SE Portland.
I think it would be really cool if some from the house made it to the ball, then I could formally meet you ^_^. I too am trying to see if I can swing the expense, I really want to go this next year. Any tips on attire?
Entiar Vel Comdach Nagia
(Until We Meet Again)
Valeska Rose

Postby Alterra Von Feuers » Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:23 pm

The attire for that particualr event seems to run along the lines of midevil to Victorian and everything in between. Extravagence seems abundent in the painstaking accurecy of the dress for whatever period is chosen. Alot of expense in most of what we have seen. I dont think you have to spend a huge amount to look nice for this event however.
We have used alot of creativity and self expression in what we have worn there. I wont rent formal wear again however after what I found at the beautful shops in Portland! I could have purchased a lovely gown for what I paid in rental..lol
If your interested I can e-mail a few pics of the event including what we wore at the last Ball.
~A
~Falling into the waking dream~
Alterra Von Feuers

Postby Valeska Rose » Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:53 pm

Yes that would be great, I am also looking into gowns on ebay where the price is a little more up my ally. I have found a few that I would consider
Entiar Vel Comdach Nagia
(Until We Meet Again)
Valeska Rose

Postby deacongray » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:59 am

We were pretty shocked at the very cool shops in Portland. I mean they certainly had some beautiful stuff. I don't think I would rent again either, but it would be kind of cool to buy something for it this year if I go.
Wicked Warrior
deacongray
Member / Elder

Postby The Madame X » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:38 pm

... I've never been to Portland...
:)
Ex Somnius Scientia
Madame X

The Madame X
Member / Matriarch

Postby Alterra Von Feuers » Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:12 pm

Wouldnt that be exciting if Madame X could come down around the time of the Ball? Im hoping to have enough money saved for it .I am going to Seattle in January..hmmm. :)
~Falling into the waking dream~
Alterra Von Feuers

Postby The Madame X » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:57 pm

It might actually be easier to fly into Portland...
Ex Somnius Scientia
Madame X

The Madame X
Member / Matriarch

Postby LadyDarkAdora » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:44 pm

Never been to portland either...hmmm. house trip? lol
LadyDarkAdora

Return to Events