Unofficial Gathering NOLA Recap

Things to do away from the infernal machines.

Moderator: The Madame X

Unofficial Gathering NOLA Recap

Postby Yami Hikari » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:32 pm

NOLA Unofficial Gathering ReCap
Hello all! As stated, this is the recap for the unofficial gathering we had in New Orleans October 27 to the 31st.
The 27th Alterra, Daina, and I arrived from out a state; surprisingly after a little hotel fiasco that landed us in the girl dormitories (college rooming for the win) we also spent our first night and morning out on the streets with Adora. The Dungeon and Bourbon Street were noticeable stops along the way.
After much needed rest the next day started off at a nearby café and exploration of daytime NOLA. Compared to the flock of others in Halloween costumes the night before it was a tad of a shock to see normal clothes. The French Quarter Market was a noticeable visit with an amazing show of vendors and artists, and an even greater amount in Jackson Square when you can find both the local tarot readers including Zar, a Voodoo priest, and painters. We also found ourselves at the House of Blue were we visited Adora and Maven, and I acquired some new fangs, which were set upon Adora soon after. Nighttime once again we found ourselves on the streets, though with a few quieter and more classy bars, soon after Alterra and I once again took a visit to Bourbon Street once getting our fill of the quiet.
29th was the day of the long awaited Endless Night, the morning was spent wandering through various French Quarter stores, Wicked New Orleans one to note and a visit to the House of Blues for registration. The rest was spent preparing for Endless Night, including a stop to retrieve some new shoes for Adora’s performance.
Endless Night was spent at The House of Blues, were various performances were held on stage including Adora and her dancers’, before the main event time was spent convincing the bartender to leave his bar to dance which confused most of those at the bar, attempting to get wall flowers to dance, energy sensing practice, and many chats. Alterra’s dancing was fabulous, it is a pity Bheo wasn’t there to dance with her; as was Adora’s own dancing, especially in the shoes she was wearing.
The after events we will not speak of, let’s just say it was vicious getting a taxi to the hotel.
The 30th was spent snoozing in, visiting friends and wandering NOLA one last time in preparation for leaving. Alterra and Daina also ended the night with a NOLA tour as well as helping the tour crew.
"What you fear, I embrace, for what comes will come and I will not spend my days cowering, but learning, loving, and dreaming."
"Let them talk, build your own path and move foward, let no other hold you back in the past"
Yami Hikari

Re: Unofficial Gathering NOLA Recap

Postby Yami Hikari » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:01 pm

"What you fear, I embrace, for what comes will come and I will not spend my days cowering, but learning, loving, and dreaming."
"Let them talk, build your own path and move foward, let no other hold you back in the past"
Yami Hikari

Postby Yami Hikari » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:03 pm

Pctures currently on facebook till I figure out how to get them to show up here.
Look for the NOLA album on my account,
-Yami
Yami Hikari

Postby The Madame X » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:19 pm

Thanx for the recap!
I wish i had been there.
Ex Somnius Scientia
Madame X
Matriarch, House of the Dreaming

https://www.facebook.com/madamex.dreaming
The Madame X
Member / Matriarch

Return to Events