[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
House of the Dreaming • View topic - Pain, One of Our Best Friends

Pain, One of Our Best Friends

Nonfiction literary compositions

Moderator: The Madame X

Pain, One of Our Best Friends

Postby Jezabel » Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:32 am

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -- Albert Einstein

"Before you speak, ask yourself ; is it kind? is it true? does it improve on the silence?" - His Holiness The Dalai Lama
Jezabel

Postby Syngin » Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:37 am

It is true Pain is what lets us know we are living feeling creatures. Without pain what good would ecstasy be. Duality is what keeps life balanced. Although much of what we concieve as pain is all in our heads. I've seen a man have is arm amputated by a blade on a chopper and he didn't realize it was gone until he actually saw it. How many times have you seen or been hurt yourself and not realized it until you saw the damage? At some point in our minds pain is no longer existant. Those who should be screaming in pain shattered beyond recognition and on the verge of death often cease to feel it. I remember a doctor telling me one time if I cried it just made it worse, He was right! I ignored it and it went away. As for getting runners high! Any time adrenilin is released into your body in vast amounts this happens. It also comes with a huge crash. The first few times you might actually be physically sick to your stomach and headache of huge proportions often ensues. You also have very little energy to even lift a finger.

I'm an adrenilin junky ! Don't get me wrong I live the the high you get when you feel your heart jump into your throat as your jump of a bridge
2000 ft above the ground. I've also got over the hangover so to speak. I just don't see the need to inflict pain upon yourself to bring the endorphins to life. Possibly as a test of courage if you feel the need. My own grandparents came from a reservation and I have actual pictures of the sundance being performed.I do understand its significance in NA society as a rght of passage for a young warrior. It is no different the the Massii boys undergoing circumcision at age 12 without anesthetic. They are expected to stand and not show pain.

Society has come a long way from this. One point I do think should be noticed is that almost all of these right s are exclusive to males. Makes me wonder if the origins of them weren't to make up for inadequacy in other areas. :lol: :roll: :idea:
I Tego Arcana Dei
Syngin
Syngin

Postby Jezabel » Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:20 am

At least as far as the Lakota go, the women sun dance as well, we just aren't pierced, the female dancers embody the White Buffalo Woman and they can also do hanbleche (seek a vision), we as with most nations are a very matriarical society, though some of that power has been lost in modern times because of the influence or rather dominance of the United States' society and government.
"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -- Albert Einstein

"Before you speak, ask yourself ; is it kind? is it true? does it improve on the silence?" - His Holiness The Dalai Lama
Jezabel

Postby Aislin Ni MorRhiaghan » Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:06 am

Aislin Ni MorRhiaghan

Re: Pain, One of Our Best Friends

Postby Victorya » Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:45 pm

Pain, is a powerful energy for Magick Ritual. Pain can be used for outstanding magickal attainment. I herein this post speak of Ritual Magick between two or more; not random pain. As in all things I would use one premise at a time to avoid broad statements. In any event, before the Ritual fully discussed and carefully planned spell intention and all this entails, would have taken place between the two or more individuals, who would be part of the Ritual. So the one/s who receives the pain must have already posses a level of knowledge in Magick Rite.

The one who receives the pain holds the “greater key” to the spells success. . The power source is the result that the induced pain consumes all conscious thoughts which are the main impasse to visualization done in Ritual Magick to manifest or change outcomes.

The trained through discipline/disciple individual that receives the pain can release the visualized thought form, sigil or what be it, and not have to worry about how to not-not think of what was just released to be manifested by the universe of the mind.
V

Let Us Achive Greatness. On our own, but not alone . . .
Victorya

Return to Articles (for the Outer Circle)