[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
House of the Dreaming • View topic - Finding Substitutes

Finding Substitutes

Nonfiction literary compositions

Moderator: The Madame X

Finding Substitutes

Postby The Madame X » Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:03 pm

The Madame X
Member / Matriarch

Postby Aislin Ni MorRhiaghan » Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:27 pm

Nice! Physical exertion shouldn't be underestimated also. It helps keep our energy levels up, our bodies healthy, and teaches us discipline. Tai chi, yoga, aqua aerobics, belly dancing, or martial arts are good bets.

I'd also suggest meditation and plenty of rest and water.

Fresh fruit helps because it still has a little life force in it. Chill it and it can be invigorating.

Aislin
Aislin Ni MorRhiaghan

Postby Alterra Von Feuers » Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:33 am

~Falling into the waking dream~
Alterra Von Feuers

Postby Aislin Ni MorRhiaghan » Sun Jul 16, 2006 2:54 pm

Aislin Ni MorRhiaghan

Postby Orla » Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:48 am

If you are still interested in blood, there is something called Dinugian meaning "Black Pudding" or "Chocolate Meat", a Philipino dish made with Pig's Blood.

The Philipinos love to get people who are unfamiliar with their cuisine to eat it, telling their Western-World guests that it is "Pudding". It amuses them greatly to see your horrible reaction when they tell you what it is after you've eaten it.
de profundus clamo ad te domine
Orla

Postby Astannun » Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:53 pm

In Darkness Eternal,
Astannun

"I hear you breathe so far from here, I feel your touch so close and real..."
Astannun

of fruits and beries

Postby The Madame X » Mon May 11, 2009 9:08 am

Some energy super fruits include Acai, Wolfberry and Camu-camu.

I have always found dark fruits and fruit juices very satisfying. particularly pomegranate, cranberry, raspberry, blackberry, blue berry and blood orange.

I'm really not familiar first hand with Acai, which is also a dark berry, but many swear by it for instant energy. Acai also helps support both the immune and the circulatory and system. Acai is also a potent antioxidant loaded with vitamins and trace minerals. But is it tasty? lol I really don't know.

The interesting thing i found is that all of my favorite fruits, including Acai (as well as purple grapes and bilberry), help promote a healthy heart, cardiovascular and circulatory system.

If you like fruit juices, there are some blends that come in fancy wine bottles like Mona-Vie www.thegreatproduct.com/anne which includes 19 super fruits and will cost over $40 a bottle. The price to pay to return to the ancient traditions in a sophisticated modern world...

They say that when we crave a certain food or feel particularly quenched by it its because our body actually needs its nutritional properties. I always innately associated these fruits with human blood, primarily because of the juice's color. So i can't help to find it interesting that they do in fact have something to do albeit indirectly with the blood.
Ex Somnius Scientia
Madame X
Matriarch, House of the Dreaming

https://www.facebook.com/madamex.dreaming
The Madame X
Member / Matriarch

Postby RavenHarte » Mon May 11, 2009 8:33 pm

I'm currently taking a acai berry supplement and though I have not noticed an increase of energy I HAVE noticed that I am sleeping great at night. Not tired during the day or anything, just every since starting it I am not waking as much, just getting really good sleep. Will see if the energy thing every does kick in.
Blessings Light & Dark
~v~RavenHarte~v~
HPS Clann Caladvwlch
RavenHarte

Postby Aislin Ni MorRhiaghan » Mon May 11, 2009 9:19 pm

Also don't estimate the value of fresh air. It is extremely invigorating.

Eternally,

Aislin

BTW pomegranates stimulates the metabolism and cranberry juice is well known for its cleansing properties.

Red grape juice is loaded with folic acid.

Tons of cold fresh water. It's extremely important for us especially. I tend to drink twice as much as the recommended amount for the simple fact that my body is doing double time during the busy season. That can make us more dehydrated than if we stood outside all day.
Aislin Ni MorRhiaghan

Postby doreanne_shade » Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:38 pm

I have to vouch that after troubling dreams, I started eating more raw juicy fruits, red plums, pomegranates,cherries,strawberries,blood oranges,cranberries. Its not only alot healthier but it feels alive(if that makes any sense). I still it a rare steak every now and again, but fruit at least for me was the way to go to keep my cravings in check.
"You're shivering, Who do you live for?, "In order to discover, You must believe" ~Gackt"
doreanne_shade

Return to Articles (for the Outer Circle)