[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
House of the Dreaming • View topic - Creating community

Creating community

Nonfiction literary compositions

Moderator: The Madame X

Creating community

Postby Aislin Ni MorRhiaghan » Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:48 pm

Aislin Ni MorRhiaghan

Postby Syngin » Wed Nov 22, 2006 5:47 am

I Tego Arcana Dei
Syngin
Syngin

Postby deacongray » Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:23 am

deacongray
Member / Elder

Postby Aislin Ni MorRhiaghan » Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:32 pm

Thank you and I agree. It's not easy to form close bonds over the net, but it can be done. My concern is that the community has become more interested in building soap operas than building family ties. I remember a time, as I've mentioned before, when nightkind would greet each other as brother and sister. That isn't to say that there weren't issues in abundance there as well, but that there were not as many people willing to buy into it as there are now. Building close ties and a close community ensures a support system, a network of empowerment, and less of a chance that those who thrive on creating issues will get their hooks in as many people. It's important to grow and such things only temper our growth if not smother it entirely. I hope for the coming year that the community as a whole will learn what it is to truly be "of the blood" as were the old phrasery.

The nightkind community needs cohesion.

Eternally,

Aislin
Aislin Ni MorRhiaghan

Postby deacongray » Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:45 am

Heh...to quote Madame X

*Bump*
deacongray
Member / Elder

Postby nar'suan'ark » Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:55 am

Very true.. It's amazing how community's change over time and yer Aislin thats one thing i have seen detroy community's was the soap operas that people brang to them.. I so need to start going back in time and reading the articles of the past..
"All will come to thos who wait"
MSN: gothic_black_raven
yahoo raven_shadowcat
nar'suan'ark

Postby Hellkat » Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:27 am

Some of them don't always change for the better, I hate to say
Hellkat

Postby deacongray » Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:59 am

Community is a truer fit here than most think.

I spent a little time with a group in chat yeasterday and listened to what I felt was some pretty silly stuff. What came to mind though as I listened to them was how seriously they took it all.

I spoke a little to the side to some who were a little less...well shall we say fiction oriented, and found it was a great way to really help people find what is real., verses what is hype.

The point though was that we are all part of the same community, and I could have jumped in and ticked every one off...I have been known to be good at that, or I can listen and learn, and perhaps changes a few prespectives along the way.

Ultimatly they are our neighbors, and community is about more than making everything the same...its not a home owners assoication. Its eclectic and at some point we either learn to tolerate the smiths and their weirdness, or we become that which we all claim to hate.

We can learn to accept the smiths, with out accepting their religon.

Deacon
deacongray
Member / Elder

Postby Hellkat » Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:41 am

I was posting about that just today as a matter of fact. The question was how do you decern the fictional people in the community from the real.

My answer was I stick with the people I know that have the same outlooks that I do. This makes it nice and simple and it can be applied to community memberships as well. If you are looking for hype there is plenty out there to find. But if that is what you are looking for a place like that S&M or here will not suit you. You come to know this when you have joined some weird ones......
Hellkat

Return to Articles (for the Outer Circle)