[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
House of the Dreaming • View topic - Rich Rewards

Rich Rewards

Nonfiction literary compositions

Moderator: The Madame X

Rich Rewards

Postby deacongray » Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:47 pm

Every community through time has to find its feet in the real world that contains it. The Vampire community is no different.

Vampires are perhaps one of the strangest mixtures in the so called alternative community. Mixed with in it are lifestylers, fetisists, real vampires and role players, but also a huge mixture of pagans, gays and lesbians, Modern Triblists and the list goes on and on. Simply stated we are not just a community but a race in a manner of speaking.

Vampirism is a religion to some, but to others has no religious significance, its simply a state of being. Yet there is so much more isn’t there?

The trick is for most is finding their feet in both the accepted modern world and finding their place in the darker end of the gene pool. The question is “How to be a Vampire and yet not give up those things that make us human?”

Yet what defines us?

I cannot say anything does for sure but I was very disappointed recently to see a growing lack of compassion in some sectors. You see we tend to be intelligent and quick witted, sharp with a tongue and hot in our passions, but we are more…

Recently it was brought to my attention how the community seemed to react to those who are inside the community but learning impaired or perhaps disabled. What I saw filled me with sorrow.

One girl who tries very hard to be an active part of the community, a girl I know, is plainly a little…well slow. She is sweet and kind and tries very hard. She does not know she is slow and I have to admit it is wild when she puts on the ego like so many of us do, but lacks so much of the other aspects.

What saddened me was that so few recognized her issues, and worse even those who did seemed to have only a rare minority of people who could remain compassionate. One person even wanted to kick this girl out of a group because she was “ So stupid”

Of course not all acted this way towards her, but I felt troubled to see even this little amount. I find myself wondering are we among the wise, or perhaps simply over inflated in our egos?

One vampires however showed me what compassion was. She looks for ways to allow this person to have a active place in the community that are suited to her gifts, allows her to be accepted by her peers and yet accepted for what and who she is.

Aww if the normal communities could follow such a lead! I hope others will follow her example, I hope they will see that growing and being good in deed and intent has rich rewards.

Deacon
deacongray
Member / Elder

Return to Articles (for the Outer Circle)