Thoughts on the Beacon

Nonfiction literary compositions

Moderator: The Madame X

Thoughts on the Beacon

Postby Mnemosyne » Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:51 pm

Thoughts on the Beacon
By: Mnemosyne [Copyright 2007]

It’s well known that Vampyres have the benefit of enhanced senses and other special qualities inherent in their nature. In the main, the enhanced senses and special qualities are a direct result of the Vampyric nature, the extra energy Vampyres take in, as well as the subtle attributes that aid the Vampyre in obtaining extra life force. The power known as the Beacon is something that fits into all of these categories.

Definitions and Uses of the Beacon
The Beacon is a well-known term for a type of “Vampyric radar”. Other Vampyres have used an assortment of terms to describe this same power. The Sign, the Signature and the Calling are some of these. Although these terms are fairly accurate in describing certain aspects associated with the Beacon, they are not the same thing. The Sign and the Signature refer to the presence of Vampyric Essence in the individuals’ etheric body while “Vamp-dar” is a slang term for checking if another Vampyre is nearby. The Calling is the act of calling for donors or calling out for another Vampyre. The Beacon has probably become the most commonly used term because of its relation to the overall nature and working of the power far more than the specifics implied by the other terms.
In general, the most common definition you will run across concerning the Beacon is that it is a type of energetic emanation given off by Vampyres to attract other Vampyres. This is a part of what the Beacon does but it is not all that it can do, nor is it all that the Beacon can be used for. The Beacon is also not limited to simply being something exclusive to Vampyres alone. Magical practitioners and others with exceptionally strong energetic abilities make use of it as well. It should be noted that not all Vampyres or energy workers can receive or emit a Beacon. It is dependant on the nature of the individual, the way they use their energy, and both the potential and realized skills they have. The Beacon can be used to find and identify willing donors, to recognize specific Vampyres who are of your Family or Bloodline type, and also to find and recognize a wide assortment of various kinds of energy workers, practitioners and magicians. It can also be used to alert you to potentially dangerous or unhealthy energy types (and individuals) as well as to broadcast calls and receive feedback, information or aid with specific types of needs. Understanding the potential uses of the Beacon as well as recognizing how it works can open up an assortment of useful possibilities for the Vampyre.

How the Beacon Works
Radios and radar signals both use something called electromagnetic waves to send and receive messages. Modern science has proven that the human body has a bio-electromagnetic energy field and this is the basis for MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) scanning and various types of magnetic and energetic current therapies. The Beacon uses something very similar but it is an energetic wave emitted by the field of the etheric body. It is much more subtle than even the very subtle and invisible electromagnetic waves used to create radio signals or the bio-electromagnetic field produced by the physical body. The energetic waves emitted from etheric body field cannot currently be measured or tested by scientific standards because of their subtlety. Practitioners of Reiki and Yoga are both familiar with the etheric energetic field that the Beacon works from. Because of the increasing popularity of these two practices, science is becoming more open to the existence of this subtle energetic field and may one day gain a better understanding of it.
To get an idea of how the Beacon works we can relate it pretty directly to the same way radar works except that it is important to keep in mind that a different type of electromagnetic wave is used. To distinguish these electromagnetic waves from the common radio and microwaves as well as from the bio-electromagnetic waves of the physical body, a different term is needed. Etheric-electromagnetic waves are the type of electromagnetic waves we will be concerning ourselves with here. In use, the sender uses the strength of his will and energy from his etheric field to transmit a signal. This can be done deliberately or even subconsciously. This signal is focused on hitting a specific thing (i.e.: another Vampyre in the general area) and can even contain an encoded message such as “find me” or “come to me” or something of that nature. The signal will hit all Vampyres who come in contact with that general area and will then directly reflect back (much weaker) to the original sender. What bounces off any others receiving the signal will refract in all directions and hit a variety of things with an even weaker broadcast. If we use the same calculations as are used to measure the refracted radio waves used in radar, it can be assumed that the refractions will be weaker by a factor of 100. In most cases the refracted etheric-electromagnetic waves will not even be noticed except by the very perceptive. Such very perceptive folks usually are others highly skilled in energy work or etheric perception. This effect is known as backscatter. This may explain why Vampyres don’t always get Vampyres in answer to their call and instead end up being answered by whatever random energy worker is in the general area that the signal was received in. If the signal hits the intended target, in this case another Vampyre in a general area, the signal will be pretty strong and will reflect back to the original sender weaker but not nearly as weak as the backscatter. Typically a sender will broadcast in intermittent periods for hours, days, or even weeks depending on the need. Because of this, there is a greater chance the signal will actually hit the intended target in a specific area if that target exists in the area or nearby.
Once a signal is received, the Vampyre who receives it can generally tell quite a bit about the sender. These include things such as general location and strength of the sender. This often results in a Vampyre answering the call if the location and other accessibility factors are in line. Some exceptionally perceptive Vampyres can even receive images or “side” messages from the signal that were not really supposed to be a part of what was intended to be broadcast. It should be noted that pictures, Internet messages, written media, visual media and objects can also be used to broadcast Beacons but this works a little differently (more like an energetic encoding in a device instead of through air). Music and sound are great mediums to send an etheric Beacon out on as they use both electromagnetic waves and etheric electromagnetic waves. The lure of the Vampyric musician or rockstar is well known in modern Vampyre culture.

Exercises Using the Beacon
Knowing all of this about the Beacon, it may be of interest to some to “hone up” on their sending and receiving skills. As with most things, practice and conscious attention applied will give good results. One of the most basic exercises is to practice sending out a specific message with a basic and simple intention you want to materialize results with. For example, you could try sending out a Beacon broadcasting that you want to find a willing donor and have one come to you. Make note of any results that seem to directly relate and note the time that it took for the results. Keep your distance or targeted area fairly small at first. Theoretically you can broadcast and receive as far as satellites do but it’s easier to judge your results if you stay within an area you can more easily check on. If the time it takes to get any results is longer than 2 days consider gathering up more energy and sending with more force as your signal was probably weak or the desired person was not in the area. Most Vampyres can get a noticeable result within a day. If you don’t get results in that time, don’t give up. Any extra efforts you apply will often result in being stronger and better at the skill of consciously directing your signals once you finally get the basics down.
My own experience with this was that when I sent out a Beacon to find a donor, near the end of the day 2 separate people came in to my work and wanted me to just wash their hair. This never happens. People come in and get their hair cut and sometimes have a wash along with it but to have 2 people within an hour of my sending coming in and asking for just a wash was very abnormal. What really clued me in to the fact I had actually called a willing donor was that the last man that came in said he was driving by and had a headache. He saw the sign on our building and thought having his hair washed would feel good. It did for both of us. I took a little energy, unblocked his headache in doing so, and got a five dollar tip for it. He left feeling 100% better with his need to get rid of some excess energy and have some one on one time with a Vampyre fulfilled.

Dangers to be Aware of
Although the Beacon can be a very useful power it is important to remember that there are some dangerous to be aware of and to take precautions to protect yourself. Please remember the concept of backscatter and realize that can attract things you did not intend to call out to. It is also good to remember that sometimes you may inadvertently send out a signal you did not really consciously intend or that you may give out more information in a sending than what you wished. Be very selective in your interactions and pay close attention to the intuitive signals you receive (remember, these are different from signals sent by others, reflected, or refracted signals as they originate in you and in your learned experiences).

Select Resources and Inspirations used in this Article
Internet:
How Radar Works: http://www.ig.utexas.edu/research/proje ... _works.htm
How Magnets Work: http://howmagnetswork.com/
Difference between bio-fields (subtle energy fields) and bio-electromagnetic energy:
http://www.energyturkey.net/content/view/9/2/

Books and Articles:
Magical Resonance and Synchronous Manifestation by Priest Rodger Whittiker ( ToS)
The Beacon by Madame X
The Psychic Vampyre Codex by Michelle Bellanger
Psi-ence by Marie Jones
Mnemosyne

Postby deacongray » Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:57 pm

The Beacon though can it be sent by other than vamps? I mean are we the only ones who can use it, or is there a chance we could be decieved by those who work energy that are not vamps at all?
deacongray
Member / Elder

Postby The Madame X » Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:37 pm

Any energy worker, vamp or no, can deliberately send out a beacon.
Any energy worker can subconsciously send out a beacon.

Its not so much about deceit as it is about identification.
A vamp's beacon will be distinct from a mere magical beacon. This distinction will vary on the way in which the beacon is perceived.

I bumped up Aislin's article on the Beacon, I thought you might like to read thru it as well.
Ex Somnius Scientia
Madame X
Matriarch, House of the Dreaming

https://www.facebook.com/madamex.dreaming
The Madame X
Member / Matriarch

Postby Aislin Ni MorRhiaghan » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:05 pm

Set this is an incredible article! Vampdar...what a great reference!! I love it!! That is exactly what it is. Like MadameX pointed out not only vampyres can use the beacon or sense it. I can spot another witch on sight. I've noticed that not only vamps and witches have distinct sounds but also people of other beliefs as well. When I was Christian I knew other Christians when I passed them. There is definitely something in the vibration.

Eternally,

Aislin
Aislin Ni MorRhiaghan

Postby EzikielTempted » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:32 pm

Well, not to sound pompus, but string theory sheds a lot of lights on how we recognize others like outselves. Mostly I feel it because it changes my own freguencies to harmonize with the person I'm close to.

Strange things, I must say...strings...all squishy and stringy. :P
SINcerely,

Ezikiel
House of the Dreaming
Vox Homunculi

"There is no nightmare more potent than a memory."
EzikielTempted

Re: Thoughts on the Beacon

Postby LadyGigiFrost » Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:55 am

I must say this was a fantastic article, just simply love it. Even though I have done this, & not sure how I was doing it even how to explain it. I had theories on how it was done ect. and this article hit on some of the theories I had, which have been turned into fact.

Thank you so much for this very well written article
BlackSwan to Master Deacon
Dreaming of Dreaming ~Lady Frost
LadyGigiFrost
Black Swan

Return to Articles (for the Outer Circle)