Increase your longevity by arguing with your mate…lol

Nonfiction literary compositions

Moderator: The Madame X

Increase your longevity by arguing with your mate…lol

Postby The Madame X » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:00 am

HealthDay
News for Healthier Living

Arguing with spouse may be healthy

Thu, Jan 24, 2008 (HealthDay) — Arguing with your spouse could benefit your health, suggests a U.S. study, which found that the death rate among couples who suppressed anger was twice as high as couples where at least one partner expressed anger.

The 17-year University of Michigan study recorded at least one death in 50 percent of the 26 couples who suppressed their anger, compared to 26 percent of the 166 couples that included at least one person who was willing to express displeasure, Agence France-Presse reported.

At the end of the study, conducted from 1971 to 1988, the likelihood that both partners in a couple were dead was nearly five times higher among anger-suppressing couples.

The findings appear in the January issue of the Journal of Family Communication.

Previous research has shown that suppressing anger increases the risk of stress-related illness such as high blood pressure and heart disease, AFP reported.
-- HealthDay
The Madame X
Member / Matriarch

Postby Aislin Ni MorRhiaghan » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:59 am

Couples who fight have a higher rate of longevity within their marriage also. Couples who don't fight have a higher tendency for divorce. The trick is to fight constructively. Nonetheless sometimes quiet conversation just doesn't release the tension like a good screeching match. It makes sense.
Aislin Ni MorRhiaghan

Postby Von_Spookiness » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:08 pm

I absolutely agree with this article...I actually see that with me and my husband...
When we burst out and discuss what we have to say we get more closer to each other and we straight out everything and after that things run smoothly.
Now...when we don´t argue and sit with a long face all day long we tend to get to a point that we can´t bare looking too each other´s face...So yes...A good argue and good after sex argue is a great therapy for couples. 8)
Vitae Dominae
Von_Spookiness

Postby The Madame X » Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:50 pm

I was always puzzled by that... the last thing i want during or after an argument is sex... Well at least I've never met anyone I'd consider having sex with after they just pissed me off royally. In fact if I'm pissed off enough to engage my mate in an actual full-blown argument, i doubt they would want to have sex with me then. Not a pretty sight.

I don't know I'm just not big on arguments, specially with my mate. If we can't reason things out without getting upset and argumentative we need to pick it up some time later when we are both in a better frame of mind. ... I'd rather chat calmly than lose my temper or have someone shout at me, even if it means shortening my longevity.
Ex Somnius Scientia
Madame X
Matriarch, House of the Dreaming

https://www.facebook.com/madamex.dreaming
The Madame X
Member / Matriarch

Postby EzikielTempted » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:03 pm

I dunno, I've had some really great angry sex. Then again, nothing relieves my tension as well as getting down and forceful dirty with someone I care about.

Maybe that's a guy thing? Or, it could just be a me thing.

Either way, maybe I should ask my partner to fight with me, see how the flow goes. :P
SINcerely,

Ezikiel
House of the Dreaming
Vox Homunculi

"There is no nightmare more potent than a memory."
EzikielTempted

Postby Aislin Ni MorRhiaghan » Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:37 am

I can understand that. Sex definitely relieves tension and for some people it would be the best reason to fight. I know some couples that normally don't fight until their sex life gets dull. I'm more with MadameX. The last thing I want to do when I'm fighting with my spouse is rip his clothes off. His head or other more delicate parts but that's about it. Fortunately I'm more the type to just go for a walk and clear my head. I would think the fresh air and exercise would do me better good than raising the rafters. Now make up sex...that's a different story lol.

So ET it's not just a guy thing.

Eternally,

Aislin
:twisted:
Aislin Ni MorRhiaghan

Return to Articles (for the Outer Circle)