Choosing a Nightside Name

Nonfiction literary compositions

Moderator: The Madame X

Re: Choosing a Nightside Name

Postby Eilyn » Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:32 am

I get the feeling that...mine really wouldn't change. Eilyn is who I am. I would still like to do it, but also because I don't expect anything different.
I have no sword. I make "No mind" my sword.
Eilyn

Postby deacongray » Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:32 pm

Many people have a name already attached to them, and that's fine a naming ritual is more then just a new name, it is declaration of self. It is saying to the Night side of yourself and to the community..."I am here, and this is who I am"
Wicked Warrior
deacongray
Member / Elder

Postby The Madame X » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:27 pm

Today there is no need to take on a Vampire name, and nothing says you must.
Years ago it was expected that if you became a member of a vampiric circle that you had not only have a sponsor who would be responsible for your conduct, but also had to take on a vampire name as to keep your dayside identity separate from your vampiric persona so that none may injure your dayside character. There was a similar protocol in BDSM circles and with many private covens.
Ex Somnius Scientia
Madame X
Matriarch, House of the Dreaming

https://www.facebook.com/madamex.dreaming
The Madame X
Member / Matriarch

Postby LadyGigiFrost » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:36 am

I loved this article - and it has given me some great Idea's which I will be seriously thinking about.
For ages I have gone by my first name, but later in live in my 30"s my mother and grandmother started calling me Lady Gigi. I like the word Lady as it is a simply and identifies my nature on both the day and night. However, I have never given much thought to a night name. To be honest I really like the idea and custom of taking a mentor's name as a add on. I feel this does so paying in high honor (in my mind) and respect. Something for me to think about and research as well.
Thank you so much for posting this article. It brightened up my day!
BlackSwan to Master Deacon
Dreaming of Dreaming ~Lady Frost
LadyGigiFrost
Black Swan

Postby The Madame X » Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:03 am

Gigi, after our chat, I see that you can use some further meditation with respect to a scene name. I hope reviewing this article my help you decide on something meaningful and personal. There is no rush. When the time is right, you will know.
Ex Somnius Scientia
Madame X

The Madame X
Member / Matriarch

Postby LadyGigiFrost » Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:46 pm

Thank you MadameX very much. I wish I had been born a Princess - lol
Hugs
LadyGigiFrost
Black Swan

Postby Taris » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:11 pm

No Deacon personally I never have, just a lot of seeking and learning and self searching. :P
What we perceive is our reality is our reality. We think on right and wrong, good and evil, light and dark, god, and the universe yet never look at it from the larger view. Societal and individual perceptions.
Taris

Postby LadyGigiFrost » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:03 pm

I am pretty sure that we have found the perfect night side name for me.
I am trying it out for size on my night side face book account. It came to me in a dream one night.
Of course, I know that Princess can not be used with in the House as a name, as it is a title - :wink:
LadyGigiFrost
Black Swan

Postby The Madame X » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:21 am

I'm sure you made the association as Vermillion Dream is the name of the Boise Clutch.
:)
Ex Somnius Scientia
Madame X

The Madame X
Member / Matriarch

Postby Blackwolf » Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:39 pm

Well, I consider Blackwolf to be my Tribal,or Community name ( for both dayside and nightside). At some time, it was Onyx Paradox Pranxtor, but after feeling that I had matured upon my spiritual path as a Pagan, I decided to change it to Onyx Obsidianus Blackwolf. Onyx,is meant to allude to the the mineral onyx, but also as a calling to the Primordial Goddess of the Night in Greek mythology,from whom came the factors that influence us in this mortal coil,including the gods " O-Nyx!", Obsidianus is the latin name for the Volcanic Glass Obsidian. "Blackwolf" has a very important and personal meaning to me.It defines who I am,and is one of my personal mysteries.The first two parts of the name may change, but "Blackwolf" will always remain.
" Only the ideas that we really live have any value. " - Herman Hesse
Blackwolf
Dedicant

Postby RunningWithCats » Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:32 pm

The discovery of my name has been a great personal quest for me over the years. I'm still looking. One day, I know I will find it, but for now I am happy to be journeying inward and outward, learning more about myself and constantly discovering new elements of my identity. Ten years ago, I would have been able to describe myself to you in a few words. Now, I am amazed that I can be such a full, complicated, contradictory person! I love it! All for want of a name.

I'm thinking of employing some of the more ritual aspects presented here. I've not much experience with ritual magick (having spent most of my life practicing my own sort of dogwitchery) so this should be an interesting experiment on multiple levels.
RunningWithCats

Postby Ludavik » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:32 pm

My little sister many years ago created mine, and I have made it my own ever since. :D
Ludavik

Previous

Return to Articles (for the Outer Circle)