[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
House of the Dreaming • View topic - the three soul paths in relation to the three roads

the three soul paths in relation to the three roads

Nonfiction literary compositions

Moderator: The Madame X

the three soul paths in relation to the three roads

Postby Aislin Ni MorRhiaghan » Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:19 pm

Aislin Ni MorRhiaghan

Postby rhen » Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:03 pm

Great article aislin! I do have a question though. Would ronin be at a disadvantage compared to house members in the community?

Rhen
rhen

Postby Aislin Ni MorRhiaghan » Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:23 pm

Yes definitely. The ronin by him or herself has no support system within the community. While they may have friends, even very close ones, if there is a community dispute the Ronin has no one to turn to. Households in general do not get involved in outside affairs. So if you were having an issue with another member of the community who belonged to one household and could not establish an audience with that Elder to get it settled (and that is entirely possible), it is unlikely that any other House within that area is going to get involved.

They have no one to monitor their growth, evaluate their potential, and there is no way for a Ronin to elevate him or herself without the benefit of an Elder, who has already established a Household. A Ronin may start their own Household, however even so they need the blessing of a minimum of two Elders (and this depends upon how many Families reside in a given area lest there be territorial disputes) sometimes three and should have been elevated to a stature befitting someone to open a Household. One can attain Calmaeship as a Ronin and be able to open their own Household should they opt to...however, they can not elevate higher than that without another established Elder as a Ronin.

As all three roads go, a Ronin Kitra has no support system. Kitra need the balance of other Kitras, and their counsel. The reason for this is that Kitras often find themselves in the position of counselors to many people and they are very empathic by nature. If they keep everything in and do not ground properly they may end up overloaded emotionally, drained mentally, and ill physically. Ronin Kitras also have another problem that relates to an aforementioned issue as well. They tend to be very charismatic. People are drawn to them, and well sometimes a restraining order really doesn't mean I love you. They tend to attract stalkers and the obsessive types because they emit energy that is addictive. A Ronin on her own has to deal with this singularly, and so does the stalker. A Kitra with a Family is suddenly more intimidating. There truly is safety in numbers. The other problem the Kitra has is that he or she has to be everything in one roll. They have to be their own Ramkt, their own Mradu, and they have to do so efficiently to balance their energies. I can tell you that this is no small feat and it is extremely easy for someone in this caste to get burned out very quickly whereas a Kitra that ihas a Family and other people are sharing those roles things are a little more distributed.

The Mradu also has to be Kitra and Ramkt. The Ramkt also has to be Kitra and Mradu and so forth. Without others to balance them out they have only theirself to learn from. The idea is that they all come together and balance each other out. I'm pinched for time at the moment but there are some articles on the forum regarding the castes...check out another one I did that deals strictly with ronin multicasting, which is basicly what someone has to do when they are Ronin.

If you have more questions don't hesitate to ask. There are many sources here and also many brilliant minds.

Eternally,

Aislin
Aislin Ni MorRhiaghan

Re: the three soul paths in relation to the three roads

Postby The Madame X » Thu May 26, 2011 8:26 am

bumping this wonderful article...
Ex Somnius Scientia
Madame X
Matriarch, House of the Dreaming

https://www.facebook.com/madamex.dreaming
The Madame X
Member / Matriarch

Re: the three soul paths in relation to the three roads

Postby Eilyn » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:35 am

I see now, without always having known of the paths, that I have had to serve all roles personally. Being solitary and "Ronin" as I have.
Which isn't such a bad thing really. I am Mradu, obviously. and not only because I am a trained martial artist. it is just who I am. I am also a creator and creative in life so the soul aspect fits. But I am also quite good in the role of Kitra, perhaps almost as well as I fit Mradu. That soul type, too fits. Ironically a magickal focus of mine has been in healing.

This is a very informative article and got me thinking on how I fit those two types.
I have no sword. I make "No mind" my sword.
Eilyn

Return to Articles (for the Outer Circle)