Adaptations and Cause

Nonfiction literary compositions

Moderator: The Madame X

Adaptations and Cause

Postby Ookami » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:54 am

Article on the soul

Many of us practice magical work and develop both our intuition as well as any psychic capacities the human potential contains for a myriad of different reasons.
With this we have created branches of understanding and mountains of theories compiled to explain why and how best to do such things.

We see some who relate all spiritual work to religion and god entities, others which say it comes from the human innate capacities/divine condition or at the very least the inner god within us all. Others believe that this is all a mere distortion of our own reality through the altering of facts and creation of illusions which affect us in a psychological spectrum, allowing us to believe in things that are mere self defense mechanisms or fantasies as if they were real.

However this may be, there is one question that I have not heard often enough. “What physical adaptations of the body are fruit of such work?”
It has become clear through scientific studies and the wonderful art of biopsy that every and all growths/adaptations/mutations that the body undertakes can be measured through biopsy and analysis of the results.

It isn’t always plausible since we don’t know what to look for, but for instance if a certain person contains a inhumane amounts of strength. We can study their muscle fibers and neurological network to see the cause or adaptation and classify that same strength. It goes far beyond the apparent tonus.
If a person has a mental disorder or to be less exuberant is just highly intelligent, there is a physical difference in the hormonal imprint left on the brain and in its structure. Though small there are changes and areas that are affected.

It is through the study of such things we can now define what sort of physical & mental exercises put strain on specific aspects or specific fibers and tissues.

I have seen people name a huge multitude of physical changes that come trailed along with things like “Awakening” or the surpassing of other spiritual thresholds. Yet I still see very little explanation as to why hormonal and chemical changes take place and what triggers that change.

That it does take place and is triggered by spiritually related events is something that I have stopped questioning.
Now I seek to understand what physical or meta physical body do we develop when we do magical/spiritual work. Otherwise we would not improve over time and practice. The law of over compensation must apply here as well, I seek to find out where exactly.

There must be changes and links that can help us to understand which parts of our bodies are related. It has long been though that all psychic capacities are merely something that happens in the brain, however I question such things. There must be other organs and tissues that are stimulated and put under stress, there must be alterations or some form of contractions that happen within the brain and body to allow such things to happen. There has to be a chemical flood or hormonal shift taking place somewhere in the body.
I truly believe that we have a subtle body which is often considered the soul or astral form. I also believe that there is much we still need to learn about how to interpret and measure the intensity and changes in that same subtle body. It is a link and a golden one at that, which must be developed in order for modern science to evolve even further.

Now for those who believe that the subtle body is a factor I move on, to state that such a body is not separate from our physical shell like many still believe. The spirit, mind and body are all one and link. All systems function as a whole not as individual pieces, why should the connection between the subtle body and the physical plane be exempted from this natural law?.

Here I raise the question, which change in the subtle body affects or leads the body to change and vice versa? What tissues and parts of the body “grow” as a result of our spiritual/energetic development/improvements and why.
"Look upon the world and see that It looks back at you, Never forget what we fight for"
"None are more hopelessly enslaved, than those who falsely believe they are free"
Ookami
Dedicant

Re: Adaptations and Cause

Postby deacongray » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:51 am

I really liked this piece and I am glad you brought it over to the house for discussion.
Wicked Warrior
deacongray
Member / Elder

Postby Ookami » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:59 pm

Astral from my research so far has always been what I deemed the spiritual body or etheric body we are taught to use for spiritual/magical work. Because only with this body have I been able to work within the realm of spirits (not sure what else to call it.

I am new to the term astral so I jumped to the conclusion that the astral body and astral plane was the realm of spirits I have experience with working with. I have read a few articles and it does seem very similar, was I wrong to assume this?

I know there is a difference between the energetic or qi body we have and the subtle body. Since our qi is mostly physical or reactive to be more precise, and while we use mental images and sensing exercises to work and develop it. It is in all essence our magnetic and electrical charge, all we do with it is to help gain control/sensitivity.
I don’t know if I will be able to find the right words but I guess you could say that our qi body isn’t what we feel or imagine it to be, it is just the product of the electric charge and adrenal system working (among other hormonal systems/ the catalyze) in a conscious form.

I may be very misled about this but from my practice this is what I have come to understand, I apologize also if my words betray my knowledge and I am simply being in capable of putting on paper what my mind already understands.

I base my theoretic approach on the Chinese Taoists and qigong. I am not effectively proficient with the Indian approach to this.

I am now new to the adrenal system and other physiological mechanisms within the body. I have only started studying them in depth with my professors now, but in a sports and physical training aspect (We cover the general and full body application outside of the classroom over tea mostly since it isn’t part of the curriculum, but we all enjoy discussing our field). So I think I can relate but then again I have so many questions I feel like I might just be confused in all this.

I agree the body is not a mechanism, or at least it isn’t a set of working gears. It is much more complex and intact. However I want to take this approach for the purpose of being able to better analyze finer details. If we can isolate parts and achieve certain results/conclusions, they become helpful aids for piecing together ancient and future understanding on the subject. It’s a scientific holistic approach to it, I just am very bad at expressing myself fully.

The human body is a living organism, It may be my arrogance speaking but I think I have grasped that concept. However I am using the tools that are laid before me instead of creating new more complete ones because, I am not nearly as intelligent as I believe myself to be.

This post was mostly just a little add on, It isnt a concrete part of the article. I will find a way to incorporate it.

I have posted this articleidea in various places hoping to get a multitude of answers, the more quality information I get the easier it is for me to find conclusions and in turn complete the article.

And on the mind and the article Deacon so kindly added.
I know that unless you make the connection what I am about to say wont make much sense but I am short on time at the moment, so im cutting a corner here.

It is on what they found with the monks that I based an idea of mine. If we teach people how to place themselves into a character effectively and to fully immerse themselves in that character. We can use stories, comics and other forms (not Hollywood) to teach and stimulate certain feelings and in turn develop them. The same way the monks do in their meditation, we can have people (and many already do) do while reading. Another form of active meditation but where we take advantage of the circumstances to have the brain store additional information.

I believe this may have been one of the hidden purposes of the stories that are passed down by faiths, bible stories being a good example of such.

Many people have actively done this and continue to do so, I even suspect that comics have been a bigger aid in this than common books and stories but have had the set back of placing the reader in a rejective state of mind where they see what they are reading as purely fiction hence canceling out some of the effects.

I will however like to reread and take in better the article. How our brain reconstructs itself and learns is going to be very important aspect of this article.

And thank you deacon for the kind words. I hope my continuing work will have the same response ^^
"Look upon the world and see that It looks back at you, Never forget what we fight for"
"None are more hopelessly enslaved, than those who falsely believe they are free"
Ookami
Dedicant

Postby The Madame X » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:54 am

As I said before in Deacon's FB forum, Dark/Spiritual/Wicked/Vampires, its a Lovely write up.

I recommend you research the subtle body and the difference between the etheric or energetic body and the astral. To that end you may like to read or use J.H.Brennan's book "The Astral Projection Workbook". It gives you a very direct approach to the different layers of the subtle body.

I also recommend you research the adrenal and endocrine system as it juxtaposes the energy center we call chakras. By this I mean the organs and glands that work to generate these spheres of energy we call chakras. Keep in mind that systems vary, some claim 7 others nine major points. Let me exemplify with a basic 7 chakra system:
Pineal Gland - 7th chakra or the Crown, Pituitary Gland - 6th chakra the Brow, Thyroid Gland - 5th chakra the throat, Heart - 4th chakra the chest, Pancreas & spleen - 3rd chakra the Solar plexus, Ovaries/testes - 2nd chakra Sacral or belly, and Adrenals -1st chakra the coccyx the end of the spinal column. As you activate each chakra each associated organ is activated and with it its functions.

I am also glad that to see that you are considering that we are not made of mechanical parts like machines but instead we are made of chemical and electrical changes where our parts are fused together catalyzing much more than physical reactions...this is important.

You may find here quite a few topics of relevant interest to guide you thru your research. I will bump up a few, but you may also use our search feature to look for posts that discuss these topics.

Good job, Ookami I would love to see more like this from you.
Ex Somnius Scientia
Madame X
Matriarch, House of the Dreaming

https://www.facebook.com/madamex.dreaming
The Madame X
Member / Matriarch

Return to Articles (for the Outer Circle)