A Vampire from Norway

Nonfiction literary compositions

Moderator: The Madame X

A Vampire from Norway

Postby deacongray » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:07 pm

http://thegraveyardpress.wordpress.com/ ... the-world/

They each have their stories about how they found their path. One is a lady from South Africa, another a lady from Norway. One of them is lives in a society where in order to have equal rights, she has to be registered as a Muslim, and still one more has been active in her local community for years, in the face of the public, but fairly un-noticed.

They are Sanguine Vampires, Psychic vampires, Eros and Otherkin, and they are our brethren, so to speak, from around the world. A world that is you are from an English speaking country you might not be aware of. A world that struggles in unique ways that we can sometimes relate too, but often have no way to fathom.

In this four part piece I want to explore with you the lives of four different people from our community. People you might know from your time on the blogs, or messages boards, but not realize what it is they really face in their day to day struggle just to be who they are.

Heidica Northernlight’s profile picture is one of contemporary style and class. Perhaps exactly what you would hope to find when speaking to a 38 year old mother of three from a place called Oslo Norway. She has dark hair that hangs down to below her waist, piercings in her ears and face, but a devilish smile on her lips, and mirthful look to her green/brown eyes.

She, like a lot of us is working toward a future, not just in the community but in her daily life as well.

“I have worked with people mostly, children, old and sick. My education is similar to what you call a nurse, working with disabled, development challenged children, teaching high school students and patients with mentally disorders, that’s what I’m doing today. It includes medicine and health care. My goal is to work for Doctors without Borders. That way I can better use what I have been born with. I have worked with people in different ways, including my years in the punkrock/political activist community in Oslo, it’s the only Norwegian activist community with base in the only self ruled activity house, Blitz

Still it is not often you seem someone in the Vampire Community who comes from a place like Norway. So I couldn’t resist the chance to talk to her a little about it.

HN: “The little information about real vampires available to the Norwegian alternative community has been very poor. I am (as far as I’m aware of) the first one to speak about vampirism , and I have tried to be very careful of who I have told.”

“I come from a family with many energy workers and psis, far back. Our family has some "Gypsy" genes, it’s not called gypsies but road people, travelling people with artistic and spiritual abilities. They do not have the best reputation, so I learned about discretion.

At the moment I am trying to find out more about my relatives, and hopefully more about why so many of them are born different. At least two of my children are born with abilities, and it’s important to me to find out how to assistant them in their own search when that time comes. But, there aren’t too many Vampires to find here, at least not many who know what they are. So it is hard to find advice.

I found the online vampire community thanks to Michelle Belanger, who did a Norwegian talk Show, and I am very grateful that she did as it helped me in my search for others. I had really hoped that her talk show would bring out others, but so far not many have come out that I can find. Michelle helped me put a name to what identified myself as. No one before that had called it being Vampiric before she appeared on that talk show, and I am very grateful she did.

To my knowledge there is not a single house, coven, or club for real vampires in Norway.

That has to be hard, is there much of a pagan community? I find that in the pagan community there are often vamps lingering but voiceless. Do you find this to be the case?

I have been looking for others for so long. The few pagans I find are very much afraid of real vampires, especially psis, they don’t see sanguine vampires as anything more than role players. It has been kind of frustrating, they either don’t believe in vamps or they fear you. It has to do with the fact very little information has been available. I am working on that, but I have to be very careful as I have children.

GYP: So you have no one outside of the OVC to talk too about your Vampirism?

HN: It has been many years before I found the OVC with no one else outside my family to talk to, and they don’t talk much about the dark side of it all. I am not giving up my search, I did find others recently, one even lives in the same neighborhood.

GYP: How do you feel about the OVC itself? Is it a positive or negative experience?

HN: It has helped me connect with so many new friends who know what it’s like. The similarities still surprise me a lot, I thought I was alone with my need for others energy except for my own family..and I have felt ashamed of it too.
This community has helped me a lot, finding new friends and sharing the information available, I need to bring it on so that the other Norwegians who must be out there can benefit from it. And I do hope others might be willing to help me set up a Norwegian page for info and contact.

GYP: So you are trying to build something in your local area?

HN: I will continue searching for others to help me set up a Norwegian page with information for vampires. Octarine Valur ( of the South African Vampire Alliance) sent me a great deal of valuable advices and set up suggestions. I have no intentions of starting any house or etc, but if I can find more people to help I will work on a Norwegian information page. It is needed

GYP: With such limited information where do you turn? I mentioned the Pagan community before, you said they were afraid of vampires, so what do you do?

HN: I was thrown out of the Pagan community on line here, they were worried I would steal their energy. As for how I dealt with being thrown out of the pagan community…well..

I still participate, only now I don’t tell people what I am and I changed my name. There is still a lot of fear and misgivings about vampires in Norway.

I want to thank you Heidica, for your responses to these questions.

HN: I would like to thank Lucian Malferic, Damien Nightwalker, Amanda Hernandez, Robert Haazen, Rhea , Oculus ,RK Coon and Elzie Rose for their help and friendship.Without them welcoming me I would not have felt I belong in here .
Different vampires with different personalities, we dont agree on everything but I love them all :)

In next piece we will be talking to a woman from Malaysia, a model, artist and surprisingly enough an aspiring school teacher. Who just happens to be an Eros Vampire, and registered Muslim.
Wicked Warrior
deacongray
Member / Elder

Re: A Vampire from Norway

Postby Von_Spookiness » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:28 pm

I enjoyed this article.
And its a pitty that some countries do not have access at certain informations regarding vampyrism.
Especially Norway that has deep roots with the Viking and the myths.
Not being myself Norwegian but a Norse path believer I do find some points in common between vampyrism\therian and their "myths" so I hope everything turns out for the best for her :)
And that will be some light shed in the end of the tunnel concerning this matter :)
Vitae Dominae
Von_Spookiness

Re: A Vampire from Norway

Postby Sacrelige » Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:58 am

I enjoyed this article as well.

It's not often touched on in the nightside community I came from. The woman wearing vampire fangs held her office job as a very private secret, the man with the subdermal transplants concealed the fact that they came out so that he could get tips as a barista in uptown Denver - there is an air of inhuman there. The lady interviewed here sheds that pretense and I find it refreshing. It's even more interesting that she appears to desire to blend her profession in with her gifts, nursing absolutely strikes me as something where energy work would be a real and practical appliance.

Heidica's experience with the Pagan community and rejection is a sad reminder, too. When I was speaking with others who understood energy work, I was met with much the same. Holier-than-thou was never reserved for any single religion, unfortunately. It's a building block set within, and sometimes as a cornerstone, for many personalities. I like that Heidica recognizes and advocates a need for discretion, and I like even more that it's not a constraint for her but rather a caution.
Where love rules, there is no will to power; and where power predominates, there love is lacking. The one is the shadow of the other.
Sacrelige

Return to Articles (for the Outer Circle)