Nightkind Paradigms

Nonfiction literary compositions

Moderator: The Madame X

Nightkind Paradigms

Postby The Madame X » Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:09 pm

Nightkind Paradigms
By Madame X
© 2004 (2018 revision)

A Paradigm is a school of thought often marked as a cultural system. Religions, spiritual movements, and schools of magic are generally thought of as paradigms. Paradigm's can cross between each other, evolve and transform even grow into new ones. Some paradigms may be: Shamanism, Wicca, Paganism, Satanism, Gnosticism, Agnosticism, Christianity, Kemeticism, Atheism, etc…

Being Nightkind encourages the exploration and evolution of our individual spiritual beliefs and inspires us to develop belief systems, which best suit our Nightkind spiritual needs. Being Nightkind is not a religion (although many believe that it should be) yet it’s philosophies can be mixed with paradigms, equated, validated and specialized. Here we are exploring our personal paradigms and unveiling just how diverse and compatible Nightkind beliefs can be. Here we move from what must be and instead keep in mind that our reality is (or at least should be) flexible where we can bend it to our will – meaning we can choose who we want to be and certainly what we want to believe in.

Shamanism is most likely the earliest form of magic and religion. Shamans walk with nature and usually use very natural, primal tools and methodology. You can observe Shamanism in ancient Europe, Native America, Africa, the Far East and the Aborigines in Australia. Shamanism is found in almost every corner of the world and consists in being in tune with nature, animals, and involves interpreting the movement and interplay of nature to understand the secrets of the world through both wisdom and intuition. Seeing how nature’s unseen lines connect and reverberate. Many Nightkind choose Shamanism as a personal paradigm. It validates personal intuition, heightened connectivity with nature, animals and with the self.

From Paganism we come to Dark Paganism; it’s a relatively modern term popularized by Dark Wiccan of Waning Moon Press, he is the author of the book “Coming out of the Shadows” as well as others titles. Dark Paganism is a tradition, which embraces the balance between light and dark, male and female, good & evil and the use of archetypes for personal identification and inner nature validation. Focusing on more nocturnal deities and spiritual energies for ritual and worship, Dark Pagans see Darkness as a place fully unexplored by mankind's psyche and one that perfectly validates the Nightkind nature of the Gray Witch and of the Vampire as well as some Otherkin and Therians alike.

Gnosticism embraces the Judeo-Christian teachings found in the Old Testament often employed the teachings of the Kabbalah. Gnostics theories, practices and beliefs stem from pre-Christian doctrines such as the Gospel of Thomas and the Book of Enoch the Patriarch. An example of a modern tradition of Gnosticism is that of the same religion Aleister Crowley embraced known as Thelema found within the Ordo Templi Orientis, OTO. Many Nightkind relate to these paradigms as these teachings validate lineage, spirit and connection.

LaVeyan Satanism is perhaps the largest and best-known of the dark movements throughout the world. Spawned by Anton LaVey’s book The Satanic Bible first published in 1969, this organization set forth a new paradigm based on indulgence, pride, sex and power. LaVeyan Satanism is unlike devil worshipping or traditional Satanism, LaVeyan Satanists do not worship Satan as a real god or entity, but instead revere what it represents: the repressed primal nature of mankind by the Catholic church. In fact, most LaVeyan Satanists were once actually Atheists. Nightkind who turn to LaVeyan Satanism validate and elevate personal nighttime philosophies with this Paradigm.

Eclecticism is a conceptual approach that does not hold rigidly to a single paradigm, but instead draws upon multiple theories, methods, or philosophies. After examining a wide number of paradigms, Nightkind individuals that have adopted a variety of variants from different paradigms that est. resonate with personal truth to validate and satisfy inner nature. Here there is a solid understanding that while different pantheons and magical elements may be adoptem, each must be acknowledged, revered and utilized exclusively without overlapping, mixing or combining, where as the practices remain exclusive and apart.

Chaos Magick is a post-modern magickal system was initially developed in England in the 1970s, drawing heavily from the philosophy of artist and occultist Austin Osman Spare and has been built upon by many, including Phil Hine and personal favorite, Peter Carroll. Chaoism is seldom considered a paradigm but here to illustrate the convergence of beliefs, we shall regard it as one. More and more Nightkind are turning to Chaos Magick as a personal paradigm; here every thing is permitted. The Paradigm of Chaos Magic goes beyond a mere philosophy, it is an attitude towards magickal living that encourages experimentation, simplicity and creativity while discarding complex exclusive dogmatic rules. Chaos magic allows for the Nightkind individual to include, combine and mix different paradigms, deities from different pantheons, techniques from different magickal systems to suit the individual needs in contemplative and active ritual work, because ultimately it is the individual’s belief, and willful intent the only tools that that matter.

As always I encourage you to respond and discuss the topic by sharing your perspectives and experiences.
What is your personal paradigm?
Does it help explain your nature as Nightkind? If so, how? Or why not?
If these don’t validate your Nightkind nature, why do you hold on to them?
Ex Somnius Scientia
Madame X
Matriarch, House of the Dreaming

https://www.facebook.com/madamex.dreaming
The Madame X
Member / Matriarch

Re: Nightkind Paradigms

Postby ArtimusAusir » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:11 pm

Kemeticism is the most prominent of my personal paradigms. In recent years, it has been proven to be older than the practices of even the Sumerians who were once believed to have been the oldest in existence.Kemeticism predates Sumerian practices by some three hundred years or more.

For me, the marriage between Kemeticism and my Nightkind nature was effortless. They just seemed to compliment each other so well and uniquely provided greater insight into each.I often find myself looking at my Nightkind habits through Kemetic eyes and vice versa. For me they are just two sides of the same coin, and often seem so tied to each other it's hard to determine where one ends and the other begins.

This is me.

Darkest Blessings,
Artimus Ausir
ArtimusAusir

Return to Articles (for the Outer Circle)