[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
House of the Dreaming • View topic - Taking on a Night Side Name

Taking on a Night Side Name

Nonfiction literary compositions

Moderator: The Madame X

Taking on a Night Side Name

Postby The Madame X » Fri Mar 19, 2004 12:59 pm

The Madame X
Member / Matriarch

selecting names

Postby redlotus88 » Mon Sep 06, 2004 4:14 pm

redlotus88

Postby Jezabel » Wed Oct 20, 2004 4:06 pm

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -- Albert Einstein

"Before you speak, ask yourself ; is it kind? is it true? does it improve on the silence?" - His Holiness The Dalai Lama
Jezabel

Postby VampyChele » Tue Nov 09, 2004 2:11 pm

I am looking forward to getting a nightside name. I didn't want to choose one for myself, because I felt it would mean more to me later, if someone were to choose it for me. I think as we grow, we change and a name although can be changed too, it usually is not. Therefore, the right name, or a name that suits you best should be chosen carefully. We are so biased when it comes to ourselves. Some of us are undoubtedly our own worse enemies. Others tend to see us differently that we see ourselves. Others around us may see goodness in us when we are feeling as if everything about us is horrid. At other times we may get a big head and need someone to give us a reality check. Either way with the right name to serve as a reminder to be both humble and respectful, we can strive to live up to a name we are given, even when we may not feel like it....
"I have never seen a vision or learned a secret that would damn or save my soul."
VampyChele

Postby redlotus88 » Tue Nov 09, 2004 10:13 pm

At times I feel there should be naming ceremonies...other times I feel names are so personal. I chose Red Lotus because Red is (in Russian) synonymous with beauty, the Asian color for brides, the color of blood and therefore life, power,energy. I am a fiery person....Lotus is a holy flower. The Buddah and Kuan Yin are often posed in a lotus flower. Lotus represents life and fertility. The Lotus is the symbolic flower for Lillith and Isis as well. I attatched to 8s for luck. Eights are endless loops, like life. Eights are very lucky in Feng Shui and 2 of them bring double happiness. I am untitled. I feel I am a continuous student of life. I choose symbols that represent life, power and beauty-an intangible beauty of spirit, and a fertility maybe not of the body but of being able to pass on energy and knowledge,and a fertility of the mind. I would not mind being renamed, but my name encompasses a lot of my aspirations..... :idea:
redlotus88

Postby Jezabel » Tue Nov 09, 2004 11:36 pm

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -- Albert Einstein

"Before you speak, ask yourself ; is it kind? is it true? does it improve on the silence?" - His Holiness The Dalai Lama
Jezabel

Naming ceremonies

Postby The Madame X » Mon Nov 15, 2004 12:29 am

I feel that naming ceremonies are very important.
Certainly Ouroboros and Freaya can both attest to the fact that they emmerged anew from them.
I always look forward to occasions of celebration, and certainly taking on a new night side name is certainly an occasion worthy of individualized celebration.
Let me know if you are seeking a nightside name and/or if you wish to schedule a naming ceremony.

I would love to conduct something special for you.
Ex Somnius Scientia
Madame X
Matriarch, House of the Dreaming

https://www.facebook.com/madamex.dreaming
The Madame X
Member / Matriarch

Postby Jezabel » Mon Nov 15, 2004 12:36 am

Well my current name is a contradiction in terms, or an oxymoron (perhaps with out the oxy?:D) don't you think? Lol, well then again, no one here has seen me really ticked either... :twisted:

Jezabel

Postby RavenHarte » Mon Nov 15, 2004 10:32 am

My name RavenHarte was born out of simple necessity. I was needing to change my AOlL screenname and wanted something more unique to me than I had. The raven is totemic beast to all whom I serve, thus my heart still connected to them.
Last edited by RavenHarte on Sun Oct 09, 2005 12:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
Blessings Light & Dark
~v~RavenHarte~v~
HPS Clann Caladvwlch
RavenHarte

Postby Jezabel » Mon Nov 15, 2004 11:05 am

That's really cool Raven Harte! My first nightside name was Priss, I kind of adopted it from an anime character that I was absolutely in love with since the 4th grade, lol. But, I actually lived up to the name sake quite well back in those days, I was a hellion, lol. I actually have mellowed out alot from then, but that side of me can still come out if I need it.:)

Jezabel

Postby RavenHarte » Mon Nov 15, 2004 12:04 pm

Thats neat... when I see that name, Priss, I see Daryl Hannah's charecter in BladeRunner.
Blessings Light & Dark
~v~RavenHarte~v~
HPS Clann Caladvwlch
RavenHarte

Postby Jezabel » Mon Nov 15, 2004 1:39 pm

Jezabel

Postby RavenHarte » Mon Nov 15, 2004 2:11 pm

Last edited by RavenHarte on Sun Oct 09, 2005 12:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Blessings Light & Dark
~v~RavenHarte~v~
HPS Clann Caladvwlch
RavenHarte

Postby Jezabel » Mon Nov 15, 2004 2:18 pm

Jezabel

Postby Alterra Von Feuers » Tue Nov 16, 2004 11:19 am

~Falling into the waking dream~
Alterra Von Feuers

Next

Return to Articles (for the Outer Circle)