[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
House of the Dreaming • View topic - Erzulie Loa of Love

Erzulie Loa of Love

Nonfiction literary compositions

Moderator: The Madame X

Erzulie Loa of Love

Postby Freaya » Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:31 pm

Jezabel,
I am so glad you posted this. I have been looking into Voodoo/Vodou a little bit, not as much as I would like to. Most of my information has been from articles on line sadly to say. I took this interest when I had some dreams of a Haitian Voodou Goddess named Erzulie.

Erzulie is the Haitian (Loa) Goddess of love, romance, art, sweetness, sensuality, and sex. whose roots go back to West Africa. Erzulie goes by the names Erzulie Dantor (Loa of jealousy and passion), Erzulie Freda (a virgin goddess likened to the Virgin Mary), and La Siren (personification of the sea and goddess of motherhood). Her colors are pink, although some reports state that it is blue and multicolor. She is beauty, and sensuality personified and is renowned for her generosity. Arts, especially dance are her domain. All bodies of water are hers and she is also known for curing womb-related problems with her cool waters.

Mediate with Erzulie for love, eloquence and true beauty. She is the Goddess. She is the Moon. She is most certainly love itself! Love has its imperfections so we call on love in all its grandiosity through Erzulie when we want to connect with the ideal. She is the nice calm feeling we get when we are in love, and she is the stab of pain we feel when we lose love. I like to think of her as the cool feeling of water when it touches my skin, or even the refreshing glass of water I drink when I am thirsty.
Freaya

Postby Jezabel » Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:06 pm

Freaya, you are most certainly welcome. I have found this to be quite an interesting path, perhaps we can explore it more together when I arrive in Savannah? I enjoy learning of different paths, religions, and cultures.:) Thanks for the added info on Erzulie. Feel free to borrow my books on Vodou after I get settled. :)
"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -- Albert Einstein

"Before you speak, ask yourself ; is it kind? is it true? does it improve on the silence?" - His Holiness The Dalai Lama
Jezabel

Postby Necromancer9 » Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:27 pm

Necromancer9

Postby Freaya » Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:53 pm

Freaya

Postby Necromancer9 » Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:31 am

Necromancer9

Return to Articles (for the Outer Circle)