MSN Groups and MSN Communities are closing down

This forum was created for individuals 18 and over who wish to find out more about our Family, Guilds, Community Projects and who are seeking affiliation with our Household. Here you will find important announcements for all forum participants.

Moderators: The Madame X, deacongray

MSN Groups and MSN Communities are closing down

Postby The Madame X » Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:13 am

MSN Groups or MSN Communities services will close in February 2009 whereas owners and moderators will to move groups to alternate locations, and users will have to follow the groups if they wish to stay on as participants. I know this will be affecting a few folks on this forum including Members of our Family.

Change is inevitable.
Ex Somnius Scientia
Madame X
Matriarch, House of the Dreaming

https://www.facebook.com/madamex.dreaming
The Madame X
Member / Matriarch

Postby Aislin Ni MorRhiaghan » Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:44 am

Yes and it has been expected for several years now. I've been steadily harvesting items from the three groups I run on msn including a rather extensive gothic community, Pagan community, and a Vampyre forum. Fortunately I might be able to salvage everything but many things will be lost such as the dungeon of medieval torture devices on the Tapestry. In any event, I can't say it was not expected. With everyone running to myspace and other such forums the participation levels on msn's groups have been practically nonexistent. As a moderator of those forums, I can certainly say I am somewhat relieved only because every time msn updated the forums something was screwy for weeks sometimes months after the fact.. I am not sure where I will move them. I may open independent web pages for them because I've put a great deal of time and energy into them, but we shall see. I am hoping for a brighter year next year and this will also mean new faces in the community and new faces on the forums.

Eternally,

Aislin
Aislin Ni MorRhiaghan

Return to Official House Announcements