[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
House of the Dreaming • View topic - Traveling

Traveling

This forum was created for individuals 18 and over who wish to find out more about our Family, Guilds, Community Projects and who are seeking affiliation with our Household. Here you will find important announcements for all forum participants.

Moderators: The Madame X, deacongray

Traveling

Postby The Madame X » Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:15 pm

Please note that Wulfsunus and I will be traveling to the mystical islands of Hawaii early next month, where we plan to mix Dayside and Nightside endeavors.
I will be a special guest conducting a seminar on Vampirism at Camera Nocturna in Honolulu on April 11th and expect to be on a Honolulu radio program before that. I will give you more details as we draw closer to the date.
Meanwhile, if you have been to Hawaii, namely O`ahu, let me know what is fun and exciting to do there, we are looking for suggestions!
Last edited by The Madame X on Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ex Somnius Scientia
Madame X
Matriarch, House of the Dreaming

https://www.facebook.com/madamex.dreaming
The Madame X
Member / Matriarch

I will be at Camera Obscura in Honolulu!

Postby The Madame X » Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:02 pm

Ex Somnius Scientia
Madame X

The Madame X
Member / Matriarch

Postby lady_sequanna » Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:02 pm

wow exciting! :D
we're getting a full report with pictures afterwards, aren't we? :wink:
lady_sequanna
Member / Elder

Postby The Madame X » Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:59 am

Hawaii was beautiful!

While we were only at one of the Islands, O`ahu, we did break away from the city whenever possible to explore the rest of the island. Our main stops included many archeological locations where there still existed remains of the ancient Hawaiian temples, residences and ceremonial sites.
My favorite was Ulupo Heiau, said to have been built overnight by the Menehune, from the kingdom of Mu. My second favorite was the birthing stones, a sacred location where the wives of the chiefs of all the islands, delivered the new heirs in the presence of all the chiefs. We felt the ancient energies bathe and welcome us and ... actually saw some rather unexplainable things.

Of course we didn't forget to visit the beaches! I loved the windward side (East) of the Island, particularly Hanauma Bay, which is a collapsed volcanic crater, now a nature preserve, which was a favorite bathing and fishing area for the ancient royals, and I certainly can understand why. Waimea beach on the North shore was a close second for me, with a wider expanse of sand, dunes even, and clear, clear waters.

Being so close to the Orient we simply had to visit the local Buddhist temples. Korea, Japan and of course China were an absolute must! Pictures will come soon I promisse.

Meanwhile my debut at Camera Obscura went very well. It was an intimate group of about 20 or 30, so i didn't have to use the mic and simply gathered everyone around me as we chatted. I was delighted to see many had questions regarding practices, beliefs, and semantics. I wish you all had been there to contribute your views. Wulfsunus joined me, of course, and he helped address the group on the topic of what is House of the Dreaming. I brought with me a couple of books and actually auctioned one of my V hardcovers for $50! Nocturna was a superb host introducing me to many local folks, and I had the pleasure of meeting quite a few interesting people who attended my discourse and others who came later. I do hope to see new faces from Hawaii on our forum soon.

The bishop museum at $15 a pop was a grand disappointment! Bah! The 2 Hawaiian halls were closed for revamping... sheesh...

If you happen to be in O`ahu and want to find out more about the local legendary sites, get in touch with my friend Dominic who hosts Eco tours and is very well versed in the ways of the Hawaiians... both sacred and profane... www.hawaiiianecotours.net 808-255-2206 and tell him Madame X sent you!

I had a great time and wish you had all been there.
Now just give me a few days to catch up!
Ex Somnius Scientia
Madame X

The Madame X
Member / Matriarch

Postby RavenHarte » Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:11 pm

Oooh I'm so envious, sounds fabulous, especially the birthing stones.
Blessings on the rest of your journey!!!
Blessings Light & Dark
~v~RavenHarte~v~
HPS Clann Caladvwlch
RavenHarte

Postby The Madame X » Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:27 pm

Ex Somnius Scientia
Madame X

The Madame X
Member / Matriarch

Postby Alterra Von Feuers » Tue May 05, 2009 11:14 pm

How exciting ! It sounds like the trip was awesome and awe inspiring ....is that Wulfsunus sporting a goatee?? wow! :wink:
~Falling into the waking dream~
Alterra Von Feuers

Return to Official House Announcements