[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
House of the Dreaming • View topic - Character Check

Character Check

This forum was created for individuals 18 and over who wish to find out more about our Family, Guilds, Community Projects and who are seeking affiliation with our Household. Here you will find important announcements for all forum participants.

Moderators: The Madame X, deacongray

Character Check

Postby The Madame X » Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:39 pm

Last edited by The Madame X on Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:58 am, edited 3 times in total.
Ex Somnius Scientia
Madame X
Matriarch, House of the Dreaming

https://www.facebook.com/madamex.dreaming
The Madame X
Member / Matriarch

Spy games

Postby The Madame X » Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:48 pm

HotD frequently welcome members of other organizations on our forum as friends of the family or Abbon. Abbon interact with Members, Dedicants, Guests and other Abbon. It is possible and maybe even probable that Abbon report back to their own organizations. Although we don’t particularly care for this type of behavior, we certainly don't discuss matters in our outer circle that may be too private or secretive for any organization to know; we have the inner circle for that. So it does not surprise us that any occult/magical/vampiric/therian or even hunter organizations would be curious as to our discussions and doings.
Our concern is duplicity - this is a direct breach of our Family's Veil. Therefore we expect that any potential spies identify themselves honorably.

Thank you for your interest and respect,
Madame X
Matriarch
The Madame X
Member / Matriarch

Postby RavenHarte » Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:15 pm

I havent seen any others on the board with the title of Abbon by their names but me so figured I should go ahead and answer up :shock:

Considering I AM the leader of Clann Caladvwlch... I really dont have anyone to "report back to" LOLOL, not that I'm really sure what kind of info is being "reported" to anyone else anyway. Besides I think have been participating with HotD long enough now to have proven myself not to be some kind of "spy" or "slayer" etc etc.

In all honesty, I really dont have anyone in my life who would ask or care what I am doing and with whom. I am a bit above that being anyone's business anymore at this stage in my Path.

Hope that says what it needs to about ME at any rate :)
Blessings Light & Dark
~v~RavenHarte~v~
HPS Clann Caladvwlch
RavenHarte

Postby The Madame X » Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:28 pm

HotD does have quite a few Abbon aside from you, Ravenharte.

The reason for my post is to let interested parties know that they are expected to tell us the truth about their affiliation with other organizations and that any lurkers (Abbon or otherwise) will be deactivated.
Ex Somnius Scientia
Madame X

The Madame X
Member / Matriarch

Postby RavenHarte » Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:13 pm

Come out come out wherever you aaaaaaaare. I have looked at PAGES worth of peeps already and see no one with Abbon listed on their names yet sooooo where are yooooou? LOLOL

It would be cool to know where some other perspectives are coming from.. if the other Abbons are even chatting.
Blessings Light & Dark
~v~RavenHarte~v~
HPS Clann Caladvwlch
RavenHarte

Postby Amaethon Cane » Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:35 am

I've got no one to report anything to. I'm not even sure if you were speaking of me, but I have to admitt that I've done somethings that could have been taken the wrong way and for those things I am sorry. I would like to stay on the forum, though I may not be able to make many post. I've gotten back into driving big rigs and actually enjoying it this time. I'm more relaxed now than I have been in the past, currently reading and studing "To Ride a Silver Broomstick" by Silver RavenWolf. My time is limited as to when and how long I can get online, but like I said I'd like to stay on the forum, the people here are wonderfull and just from my reading the different post and articles I'm slowly but surely learning more. I think my biggest problem was I had it in my head that if I found the right mentor then I'd catch on better, but that's not the case. Everyone here on this forum is in essence my mentor and I thank each and everyone of you.
Amaethon Cane
Amaethon Cane

Postby deacongray » Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:48 pm

deacongray
Member / Elder

Re: Character Check

Postby Victorya » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:24 pm

From this information I “assume” that individuals from other groups may enter to recruit. Indeed, worthwhile information to know. The case being that to remain unaware of anything at all, is folly; particularly if such information pertains to the VC. Much more so if the VC is one that the individual seeks to be inducted to membership into such Family.

If “spies” come to this lair, one must ponder what the motive is? Shall it be simple curiosity, there would seem to be no cause of concern. On the other hand, shall individuals who seek information have variable alternative motives, must not be delegated to what is trivial. Due to the possibility of ominous outcomes. I would dare to say that such possibility whether small or large, is sufficient to not be in fear. Rather, to subscribe to adherence of sound judgment.

Victorya
V

Let Us Achive Greatness. On our own, but not alone . . .
Victorya

Postby deacongray » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:57 am

We have had a mix of reasons people come here. One of them is just because they are friends, another is because they wanted access to various information that thought might be at their disposial, some are links between other houses and organizations
Wicked Warrior
deacongray
Member / Elder

Postby Victorya » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:58 pm

Well it is good to know that those who come as friends and peaceful intention are welcome in the Outer Circle. It is equally good to know that those who lurk within with ill intent, have been told to act in Honor.
V

Let Us Achive Greatness. On our own, but not alone . . .
Victorya

Re: Spy games

Postby HellaLocke » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:20 pm

"There are no limits. There are plateaus, but you must not stay there, you must go beyond them. If it kills you, it kills you. A man must constantly exceed his level."
Bruce Lee
HellaLocke

Postby The Madame X » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:56 am

Andreia, Glad you were thinking on this. HotD does take certain steps to protect more delicate information exchange.

First, we have closed groups:
. for the discussion of donors, swans, and other more private communion and exchange matters.
. where Members and Dedicants can discuss projects, meetings and topics of specific interest to the more vested in our family.
. where Full Members of The House discuss, ritual, policy, forum content, community politics, gate keeping matters, dedications, etc...

Then we have a policy to deactivate the accounts of any individuals who do not post after 30 days after account activation.
And we carry this policy on to deactivate accounts when users stop posting for over 30 days, unless we 'know' their interest to be valid. Of course any deactivated account can be reactivated upon request.
Ex Somnius Scientia
Madame X

The Madame X
Member / Matriarch

Postby CountessNessa » Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:40 pm

this make sense and thanks, I will be sure to fallow this.
CountessNessa
Abbon House Ma'at

Return to Official House Announcements