Happy Halloween / Blessed Samhain

This forum was created for individuals 18 and over who wish to find out more about our Family, Guilds, Community Projects and who are seeking affiliation with our Household. Here you will find important announcements for all forum participants.

Moderators: The Madame X, deacongray

Happy Halloween / Blessed Samhain

Postby The Madame X » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:45 pm

Wishing everyone a Happy Halloween / Blessed Samhain.

Here in the NYC/NJ area things are pretty devastating in Sandy's wake. My internet is down but fortunately everything else is fine. No wind damage, no floods... We are all safe. We are one of the 5% of the folks in our town who didn't lose power. Trick-o-Treating tonight was fun but most of our neighbors did not have any treats, many had obvious damage, and there were hardly any homes with decorations or electricity.
My heart goes out to all our friends in Manhattan, Jersey City, Hoboken, Moonachie, Little Ferry who are under water ... and those on the high grounds too who got whipped apart by the winds.
For many of us tonight is a night where we truly count our blessings and adjust our values on property and material possessions vs safety and well being. I hope that you find yourselves in a position where you can help those around you, whether or not they have been affected by the storm.

I hope you enjoy this Halloween season, but i also hope you found time to tally this year's blessings, because knowing and reflecting on our fortunate moments is what Samhain is about for many of us this year.

Be safe.
Ex Somnius Scientia
Madame X
Matriarch, House of the Dreaming

https://www.facebook.com/madamex.dreaming
The Madame X
Member / Matriarch

Re: Happy Halloween / Blessed Samhain

Postby deacongray » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:42 pm

The same to you! I know there is a lot of recovery to be had there, and I wish you b oth nothing but thebest. You have been in all of our thougths and prayers
Wicked Warrior
deacongray
Member / Elder

Return to Official House Announcements