The passing of a Friend

This forum was created for individuals 18 and over who wish to find out more about our Family, Guilds, Community Projects and who are seeking affiliation with our Household. Here you will find important announcements for all forum participants.

Moderators: The Madame X, deacongray

The passing of a Friend

Postby The Madame X » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:11 am

Sad news. Roy Lucianna who many of you know has passed away on Monday September 9th. He was a friend, a muse and a mentor to me and many who knew him. I believe most, if not all the members of our House knew him or at least met him once.
Roy was a Tai Chi master, a Buddhist shaman, a Healer, an Astrologer, an Artist, a Poet, a Philosopher, and a Teacher. A true Renaissance man. I can still hear him play the ShaKuhachi at the Ren Faire for me to dance to.
You may have met him at one of the House of The Dreaming gatherings, at The Rift Art Forum events, or perhaps even years ago at Lazarus when he was a guest speaker teaching us about Life Energy.
May he rest in peace. His spirit will live eternally in the hearts of those who were and are touched by his wisdom.

The past week has been so heavy with thoughts and memories of Roy. He was so much to so many people... and left with so much undone. He was such a huge influence on me particularly between 1995 and 2001. I find myself reliving memories of where we intersected... and what was left unsaid and undone. Much like my godfather, the burden of enlightenment weighed heavy on his shoulders and like my godfather he sought to ground in smoke and alcohol, resulting in his ultimate undoing. His life was full of adventure, beauty, creativity, pleasure and excitement and hie combined the very physical aspects of his life with a deep spiritual connection to the universe. To him, everything was spiritual, everything was magic... there were no boundaries around what was or was not permissible to explore. I was very blessed to have had the opportunity to be his student and his friend, to have experienced his world and have shared mine with him.

There will be a special memorial service for Roy in December. I will keep you posted.
Ex Somnius Scientia
Madame X
Matriarch, House of the Dreaming

https://www.facebook.com/madamex.dreaming
The Madame X
Member / Matriarch

Re: The passing of a Friend

Postby deacongray » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:15 pm

I am sorry to hear of the loss. I know that over time we meet those who might not be House, but they may well become fast friends and in their own right family.
Wicked Warrior
deacongray
Member / Elder

Return to Official House Announcements