[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
House of the Dreaming • View topic - Ghosts?

Ghosts?

This publicly viewable forum is to discuss concepts and personal experiences surrounding mysterious and unexplained encounters with unseen forces, spiritual influences, people who don't know they are dead, and the many bridges and dark frontiers that approach us to the next world. Hauntings, possessions, spirit communications, apparitions, discarnate intelligences, and all things that go bump in the night.

Moderators: The Madame X, deacongray, LadyGigiFrost

Ghosts?

Postby The Madame X » Fri May 23, 2008 4:51 pm

Ex Somnius Scientia
Madame X
Matriarch, House of the Dreaming

https://www.facebook.com/madamex.dreaming
The Madame X
Member / Matriarch

Postby Aislin Ni MorRhiaghan » Mon May 26, 2008 12:15 pm

LOL!! Nooooo if anything it likely increased. I noticed after having my twins that my senses of energy went through the roof. So much so that I am aware of my parameters on a constant basis. Especially when my children are around. My beastie tends to be closer to the surface as well when I am out with them because my nature is very protective. It was protective of my loved ones before hand but now it's never too far from the surface.

My childen do that as well. I have always heard that children can see and sense spirits....not necessarily ghosts....that we can't. It's not really that we can't. It's more like we forgot how to. We grew up and we stopped believing so when our children point at things and chatter away we are wondering what they are chattering to. They are chattering to what we no longer perceive. Unless what they are talking to is a threat. In which case they would let you know. Children have a very good sense of chararcter and an even better sense of energy. They can sense something malicious and they react accordingly. Night terrors, screaming hysterically, unexplained fear of a spot in the house or yard or anywhere. We are all born aware. We lose that awareness because we are taught to lose it. Mothers have an extrasensory perception anyway because it instinctively kicks in when we get pregnant. It's a protective mechanism. Vampyre mothers tend to become very aggressive when they feel energy flunctuations. So if there was something there to harm your little one he would let you know, but there is a good chance that you would know already. He's just building a repertoire with something that likes him.

:D

My two do this all the time. My youngest twin talks to trees. He loves them and always has. When he was a little thing he had to have the blinds open immediately when he awoke so that he could see the tree outside his window.
Aislin Ni MorRhiaghan

Postby LadyDarkAdora » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:37 pm

LadyDarkAdora

Re: Ghosts?

Postby Aislin Ni MorRhiaghan » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:23 pm

I think you're right however it's probably not a big deal if something is scaring him, after all he's only 9. Children often get spooked by good and bad things and something truly malicious won't be trying to scare him. They often approach children as playmates or something friendly. It's usually a conflict between something good and not so good that causes a disturbance in children. It's kind of like when parents fight. The kids pick up on it even though they don't really know everything that's going on. They can feel the energetic disturbance a conflict causes. They feel energetic disturbances on other levels much more keenly. It takes a long time to convince a child something doesn't exist. That's what makes them so susceptible to perception. They simply haven't been taught otherwise yet or otherwise haven't been conditioned to believe otherwise.

If you think he might have some ickies around I can make an expulsion that will get rid of it, or at least make it so unpleasant for it that it will mind it's p's and q's around his little one.

Eternally,

Aislin
Aislin Ni MorRhiaghan

Postby The Madame X » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:17 am

Protection Amulets are great tools to help children who generally easily accept the magical properties of things. Offer him a dream catcher, a pentagram, a bulls horn, a juju bag, a crystal, or any other protective talisman and assure him that the magic in the talisman will protect him from anything that may scare him.
This way he can still keep his secret if he wishes but the talisman will boost his confidence and assist in boosting in will against whatever may be bothering him. Also, this small confidence may get him to open up to you about his experiences.
Good luck and keep us posted.
Ex Somnius Scientia
Madame X
Matriarch, House of the Dreaming

https://www.facebook.com/madamex.dreaming
The Madame X
Member / Matriarch

Postby Aislin Ni MorRhiaghan » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:25 am

My sons made dream catchers from their dinosaur birthday party plates, ribbons, and a few beads. They put their friends' names on each one in beads and added streamers. I charged them and they gave them as thank you gifts to their friends for coming to their birthday party. Children rely heavily on visual things and reminders.

Eternally,

Aislin
Aislin Ni MorRhiaghan

Postby Sacrelige » Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:44 am

@LadyDarkAdora "if something is scaring him, he needs to tell us." I agree with Aislin about little kids and it being natural to a certain degree. I also agree with Madame X about the importance of boosting his confidence, because being in a state of fear (with little/no way of overcoming it) really does a number on that.

A friend of mine has a son who also had 'night terrors,' if one will. Her solution (which last I knew was effective) was less grounded in faith and more in psychology. Channel the emotion and fear into something constructive, and make that something constructive not only overcoming the ghost/spirit/monster but something which can integrate it. She would tell her son about how fierce his claws were, how terrifying his own teeth were, and in this way showing him that whatever he perceived was his own projection (think of invisible friends from the analytical psychology perspective here).

I'm in favor of empowering him first and then working to get him to open up about it. The monster-in-the-closet or monster-under-the-bed is so common that one might argue it's constellated in everyone's unconscious. A fear of the unknown that probably goes back to our cave-dwelling days. In that sense, if he can overwhelm it by himself then the more power to him - literally. If not and if you do want him to open up about it for fear of his quality of life or otherwise, then at least he knows you are taking his plight seriously through your actions.

I've no kids of my own, and I see that this post is two years old. There's my two cents though :)

~~;'@
Where love rules, there is no will to power; and where power predominates, there love is lacking. The one is the shadow of the other.
Sacrelige

Postby LadyGigiFrost » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:47 pm

I have no memory of it, but my mother use to tell me I did the same. She said I would be in the crib making baby talk to something she could not see.
As a toddler she said I called him Jimmney and she would hear me chatting way. Hence the nick name chatty kathy.

However, on another note: After my awakening at the age of 5, these thing increased and that is when I can tell you I started remembering my encounters. I was told that because of my gifts, I had to learn to fight the darker energies, so I can also become stronger in my gifts.
My encounters with REALLY large dark masses where more common. These are not shadow people or even watchers, they are different and not something I care to see or encounter. They use to frighten the baskets out of me - simply terrifying. Until I started fighting back. It was not until I was in my twenties that they started coming around a lot less.
Now, if and when they show up there is more than the time before, almost as if I destroy three, then four show up the next time and so on. They have haunted me off and on, while I am more adapt to handling them in my own special way - I do not have fear, I do not allow fear to even encounter my being.
When they show up I have a job to do and it does not involve being fearful. As I do feel these beings can and would case grave danger.

I do enjoy the elemental a lot more and in fact, I learn more from them than the human spirit's.

I use to use stones, and all sorts to keep things away. The only thing I use now are my wards and all on the four corners, their watch towers and their armies for protection.
BlackSwan to Master Deacon
Dreaming of Dreaming ~Lady Frost
LadyGigiFrost
Black Swan

Return to Supernatural and Paranormal