[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
House of the Dreaming • View topic - Your Supernatural & Paranormal Experiences

Your Supernatural & Paranormal Experiences

This publicly viewable forum is to discuss concepts and personal experiences surrounding mysterious and unexplained encounters with unseen forces, spiritual influences, people who don't know they are dead, and the many bridges and dark frontiers that approach us to the next world. Hauntings, possessions, spirit communications, apparitions, discarnate intelligences, and all things that go bump in the night.

Moderators: The Madame X, deacongray, LadyGigiFrost

Your Supernatural & Paranormal Experiences

Postby LadyGigiFrost » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:50 pm

Under till I finish several documents I am working for the postings, I would like to know what your experiences have been with the Supernatural & Paranormal?
I know I am not alone on this matter.
BlackSwan to Master Deacon
Dreaming of Dreaming ~Lady Frost
LadyGigiFrost
Black Swan

Re: Your Supernatural & Paranormal Experiences

Postby Corvinus » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:11 am

Hey guys I am a bit unsure whether I post this on supernatural/paranormal exp or the astral loverI have a question. anyone ever experienced well having a being you cannot see and just feel getting intimate with you? Not sure about that but it sure felt cold. I guess I can explain more to clarify some details.. that was a very harrowing experience before I elaborate is anyone familiar with this? thank you very much i will explain in more detail soon
Corvinus

Postby LadyGigiFrost » Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:21 pm

I have experienced it many times, however, I know the spiritual being in the walking waking life.
Where you sleeping (so to speaking) having what might have felt like an outer body experience?
LadyGigiFrost
Black Swan

Postby Corvinus » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:37 am

Corvinus

Postby The Madame X » Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:33 pm

The truth is that most of us have been touched by the supernatural and have indeed had paranormal experiences.
The issue here is what is exactly a paranormal experience when most of us intelligent folks can easily explain it away as a coincidence or with a rational or even scientific explanation.
If you have seen or felt a ghost, had a visitation, seen a UFO, sensed a spiritual guidance, had a OBE, were hypnotized, have trouble with electronic or magnetic devises, have sensed the future, desired something that came to be, talked to animals, communicated telepathically, heard disembodied voices, seen an unlikely reflection, seen an impossible animal or entity, been obsessed with a person, place or word, felt, seen or sensed energy, have been hypnotized, had a life altering dream, experienced sleep paralysis, lost time, gotten chills when touching a certain item ... then you too have been touched by the supernatural.

And then, the natural world offers us not so natural items to explore like: zombie animals and zombie resurrection of flora and fauna, alien DNA in modern man, life after over 45mins of declared death, blood tides, dark matter, cryptozoology, mana machines, ancient cultures ... and so much more...
Yes, we can explain them scientifically... but does that make these experiences any less significant?
Ex Somnius Scientia
Madame X
Matriarch, House of the Dreaming

https://www.facebook.com/madamex.dreaming
The Madame X
Member / Matriarch

Postby LadyGigiFrost » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:07 pm

MadameX,
I would have to say that you bring up a very good point of " what is exactly a paranormal experience".
I would say anything experience that lie outside of normal experience, but then I have to ask what is normal experience?
For myself normal experiences are the day to day things we all deal with. But the paranormal for me, is anything that truly can not be explained by even science.

Do I believe in science - for me science is forensic (since I spent 3.5 years in forensics science). Forensic's to me is a methodical and analytically methods of tests and techniques used by myself that I gather and examining evidence. Which making a connection with the things outside the norm, which either proves or disproves (debunk) a paranormal experience.
I have some really hard guidelines which I use in my paranormal forensic work. When I do investigations, I never jump out and claim paranormal until I have torn it apart, analyzed it, and it can pass all my forensic techniques.
I think most can fit anything to fit into a scientific method. However, there are always going to be the conspiracy theories of science. I welcome them with open arms.

I would also say that "the natural world offers us not so natural items to explore like: zombie animals and zombie resurrection of flora and fauna, alien DNA in modern man, life after over 45 mins of declared death, blood tides, dark matter, cryptozoology, mana machines, ancient cultures ... and so much more...
Yes, we can explain them scientifically... but does that make these experiences any less significant"?
I feel that these types of experiences are not less significant. In fact they are part of my paranormal realm, including astral projection.

Since, my move here I had someone tell me that anytime I was in a group of people, I across as insecure and closed up. My reply "Did you stop to think, I am in a room full of people like ourselves and I do not know them and I have a shield around me to protect myself?"
As you know, I open up to those I feel a connection with, but in a room full of people like us - I shield heavily as they are not family and I do not know them.

I guess what I am saying is even shielding is see as paranormal, because it is outside the average person's soul process.
LadyGigiFrost
Black Swan

Postby Corvinus » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:05 am

i surely agree i am talkin with someone about shielding and stuff now and she is not as familiar with it. I also tend to shield when I am out guess it has become a habit
Corvinus

Postby The Madame X » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:52 am

so... in short, should we consider paranormal anything that the majority of people say "nah that doesn't exist!"?
If so... Evolution is paranormal...even space walks or landing on the moon. Heck most people don't believe in the platypus ... or the orangutang.
Im not sure if "outside the average person's soul process" is the best way to classify supernatural/paranormal. Average people are... well... often clueless... lol
Ex Somnius Scientia
Madame X

The Madame X
Member / Matriarch

Postby LadyGigiFrost » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:50 pm

The definition of paranormal is described as "anything that is beyond or contrary to what is deemed scientifically possible."
However, I believe that those of us who are connected to such things, can easily explain them. However, for those who do not believe in such things it might be hard for them to comprehend the true understanding.
LadyGigiFrost
Black Swan

Postby The Madame X » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:13 am

how about "anything that is not yet scientifically proven" ... UFO's and Cryptids would be scientifically possible...as well as many others. While possibilities there may be many but proof...that may be different.
Ex Somnius Scientia
Madame X

The Madame X
Member / Matriarch

Postby LadyGigiFrost » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:46 pm

Good question - My own view for example: if UFO's where proven then are they still classified as paranormal or unexplained? Some may still use the label of paranormal, while other's would not.
For me even dealing with spirit's is not paranormal, but apart of my conscious, subconscious, awaking and sleeping reality. Even things like the many forms of Kinesis are still thought of to be paranormal to many parapsychologist. There might even be debates between many parapsychologist on what can be proven or not and even the theory and hypothesis.
LadyGigiFrost
Black Swan

Return to Supernatural and Paranormal