Can Vampires feed off the Night itself?

This publicly viewable forum is to discuss concepts and personal experiences surrounding mysterious and unexplained encounters with unseen forces, spiritual influences, people who don't know they are dead, and the many bridges and dark frontiers that approach us to the next world. Hauntings, possessions, spirit communications, apparitions, discarnate intelligences, and all things that go bump in the night.

Moderators: The Madame X, deacongray, LadyGigiFrost

Can Vampires feed off the Night itself?

Postby ImmortalBlue » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:43 pm

When I go into the woods at night and sit in meditation, I notice the darker it is around me the more energy I feel I have. The less light, the more heightened my senses. Trails that I have stumbled on in the day I have walked smoothly over at night with no flashlight. Only the stars as guides above. Some vampires feed off of human Blood and others off of Phycic energy. Is it possible for a Vampire to feed off the Night itself?
ImmortalBlue
Black Swan

Re: Can Vampires feed off the Night itself?

Postby The Madame X » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:25 am

There is a reason why many of us have embraced the name 'Nightkind'.
We certainly do have a profound connection with the night, the night sky, the texture of darkness and the creatures of the night.
You are not the only one that communes with the night. This is a type of Ambient Draw. The energy of the sky and the heavenly bodies you cannot see during the brightness of the daylight hours, the energy of the moon exerting itself now more strongly to all your senses and the energy of the earth which now in the calm and quiet courses more rapidly thru you.
Some would argue that drawing from the environment in this manner is not a vampiric talent, but instead that of a witch. Some would argue that a vampire would draw from whatever source is available to satiate their deep need.
Ex Somnius Scientia
Madame X
Matriarch, House of the Dreaming

https://www.facebook.com/madamex.dreaming
The Madame X
Member / Matriarch

Return to Supernatural and Paranormal