Recommended Reading

Here we will introduce and discuss non-fiction literary books and other publications. The goal is to broaden our horizons and deepen our collective personal study of esoteric topics of particular interest to our Nightkind Group, like magick, necromancy, mysticism, the astral realms, divination, the occult, paganism, shamanism, vampirism, therianthropy etc...

Moderator: The Madame X

Re: Recommended Reading

Postby Alixyveth » Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:05 pm

I am actually enjoying Demons of the flesh. Thanks for the recommendation list, will have to look into them.
Here comes Trouble <3
Alixyveth

Postby Feithline » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:25 pm

Madame X's allusion to a recommended reading list in the archives got me searching for it. This seems to be an excellent thread with wonderful recommendations so I am going to take the liberty of bumping it up to the top for us all to peruse. I know I will be searching public domain this week for as many as I can on this list as well as checking used books on amazon for those I cannot find in public domain. :)
In Frith,
Feithline

"A slipping gear could let your M203 grenade launcher fire when you least expect it. That would make you quite unpopular in what's left of your unit. "
Feithline

Postby Raith » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:23 pm

There are quite a few books listed here that I have just added to my wish list. I will definitely be picking a few of these up over the next few weeks!

Thank you for sharing your insights into these books.
Raith

Postby Queen » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:55 pm

Bringing up this "Reading" subject...

It´s been a while since the last reply to this post, and i'm sure that many books came to public after this!

Is there any book, that made a true change in your life or way of thinking?

Please, feel free to share some of your interesting readings with us!
"...Nada teu exagera ou exclui..."
Queen
Black Swan

Postby Lynskha » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:41 pm

From this list I have read only

Pyschic Self Defense, by Dione Fortune

It was one of the books I was suggested to read about vampires, and well, that got me not a good view about them, hehehe. Since int portrays that image of the bad side of vampirism, that is, if you only read those descriptions and do not go any further, you may get stuck to what the book says and believe that vampirism is "just" that.
Lynskha

Previous

Return to Akashic Hall Study Chamber