[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
House of the Dreaming • View topic - the astral lover

the astral lover

This publicly viewable forum is to discuss concepts and personal experiences surrounding mysterious and unexplained encounters with unseen forces, spiritual influences, people who don't know they are dead, and the many bridges and dark frontiers that approach us to the next world. Hauntings, possessions, spirit communications, apparitions, discarnate intelligences, and all things that go bump in the night.

Moderators: The Madame X, deacongray, LadyGigiFrost

the astral lover

Postby darknessbeloved » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:05 pm

I read through another post and there was the astral lover mentioned. It is a very intriguing theme for me and I would like to know more of it and also listen to your personal views and experiences.Thanks for sharing.D.B.
darknessbeloved

Postby deacongray » Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:15 am

Hello there my friend,

Astral lovers eh? mmmm it does have a romantic appeal doesn't it? The Mysterious someone manifesting in another realm, seducing us, drawing us in and making us some how whole, a part of them in a way we have neevr expirenced before!

So the Question I guess you really want raised is, are there astral lovers?

Well in a manner of speaking I believe there are. Wait wait... I can nearly feel the hardliners getting ready to swoop down and call me a role player..heh...hhe

You see I think that we are all connected, some of us are connected in ways that others simply cannot imagain. We know people from somewhere, a past life, the astral realm, whatever you want to call it but the knowledge of that connection hits strong and typically remains.

I don't think those connections die. Sometimes I believe we have connections to those we have been forever bound too, even if we are currently in this realm, and they are not. Or, if we are both in this realm and just have not found each other yet.

Perhaps in some other life, somewhere else, the pair had been married, or hand fasted or held such an unbreakable union as to make it impossible to totally step away. I am not sure, I mean I could go into a thousand ( or maybe just two) other senarios, but ultimatly I think we all find ourselves looking...reaching out to beyond what we know for that connection...until we find it, or accept that in this life at lest it is not going to happen.

Yet it goes deeper than that doesn't it? Friends we have only just met and yet cannot shake that knowledge that we have always known each other in one form or another. Here at the House of The Dreaming we often find, in our own ways, that we feel the connections to each other are sometimes fare greater than the obvious. Though I admit I cannot speak for everyone.

The issue is, many people take this beautiful connection, and use it as a lure to draw in people. They make the claim. "We are connected in the astral realm!" Or I have heard "In the Astral realm you are my wife! So we should sleep together!."

The turth is only you would know if there is that connection, you simply feel it deep inside you and Know it, even though there is nothing to prove it.

I myself have found I have a very deep connection to Alterra, and have one also with Ezikiel. I feel there is also one for Madame X and many of the others I have gotten the chance to know well.

So back to the question do astral lovers exist? I think they do in their own way. I am not as attuned with the Astral plane as some, but I am pretty darn good at reaching out and...heh...anyway

Deacon Gray
Bad Bad Man
Wicked Warrior
deacongray
Member / Elder

Postby darknessbeloved » Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:21 pm

thanks for your great reply! Yes, I agree with what you said. There are however two distinctions I would like to make:
One is you are talking about connections with real people of this realm who possess a physical body, and that we can feel this strong connection which could be rooted in past life experiences in this realm or others. This is true according to my own experience. I sometimes feel this strong unexplainable bond but often due to the configurated outer circunstances I have to respect the limitations of the situations in this life. The person may be married, really too young, or the bond has to be lived differently on this human level because there are other things to be learnt and developed. But still you can feel this strange magnetic flow...Sometimes the conditions are right,both people are aware and you can deepen the bond through different means.
I wouldn't however call that really an astral lover even if subtle levels of awareness are implied.
When I hear the word astral lover, the book "Demon Lover"by Dion Fortune came to my mind. Unfortunately, I cannot remember much from the novel,it was maybe fifteen years ago that I read it. The only thing I remember was that this woman was in love with a being from another realm and I think it was a quite dramatic relationship.
So, my sort of asociation with the word maybe is more in the direction succubus/inccubus which I also have no solid understanding of.
I think it is much much more profound than the version of the official definition as : "a demon who feeds of sexual energy"maybe quite tinged by the medieval fears of the unknown and otherworldly.
What is a demon in itself? Somehow he is connected(as anything else to the perceiver) and can be perceived as a Daimon or Blessing. So the Incubus /succubus/astral lover couldn't he/she be a very enriching experience ....empowering instead of draining? And yes, it IS rommantic! And also beautiful to merge withanother being/soul. Love D.B
darknessbeloved

Postby deacongray » Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:22 pm

I see what you are saying,

But what is a demon? What is an angel? Look at the ancients, the way they move through time, though the eons in the astral realm. Are they all from incarnations of these present forms?

I don't think so, though they may have manifested in these forms at some point.

The ancients in my view are all these things, they are Demons, Angels, ( well the ancient gods anyway) and yes they would be able to influence, draw perhaps even love you in the darker realms.

I used to write about the Phantom lovers...the romantic aspects, the issue is that at times we can be draw away from why we are here in the first place. For many of us it would be so much easier to surrender to the astral, to let the hardships of this reality slip away.

I have had more than one time in my life when waking up, was the return to the mundan I could just barely stand. Yet, there is more here, there is a more significant reson to be here than perhaps we can see.

What are demons...well demons are those that take us away from the path, lovers, friends, influences from beyond, ultimatly there will always be those who wish to keep us from leaving them behind, but we cannot grow if we remain stagnent, even if that stagnation is pleasent.

Deacon Gray
Wicked Warrior
deacongray
Member / Elder

Postby darknessbeloved » Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:42 pm

Deacon, I just love to talk to you...yes,the phantome lover...I think it is very similar to what Jungian analyst Linda Schierse Leonard in her book"The Way to the Wedding" means with the ghostly lover. It is that kind of fascination with something impossible or otherworldly which does not allow you to establish a real, "in -the -flesh", beautifully ordinary wholesome relationship with a real person. It is of course all true on one level: you can escape in the sweet world of your visions and dreams but isn't our challenge to connect the subtle worlds/realms and the superficial reality and walk the middle way with elegance? Wasn't this what the shamans helped their tribe to do: be in contact with the day to day world and the spirit world?I wonder whether these two levels of reality isn't just an artificial separation of something which in reality is just only one whole,a separation created because humans lost the ability to perceive it in union or even to perceive beyond the mere visible material world?
I would like to read what you wrote on the phantome lover...Greetings D.B
darknessbeloved

Postby The Madame X » Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:49 pm

I have been meaning to answer to this thread for a while...

I have had quite a few experiences on this level. Although i don't generally astral travel to be a lover... its usually quite the opposite, hehe. But the truth is that Astral lover experiences are quite powerful and hard to forget.

I find that here are 3 primary types of Astral lover experiences: The Seduction, The Attack and The Offering.

The Seduction is perhaps the most delightful astral experience. It offers a full sensual embrace and connection that we seldom attain in the physical realm. Very much like the embrace of an incubus or succubus, the astral lover is tender and rough when we most desire it, stirring our inner senses of acceptance and intimacy with inexplicable telepathy. The astral seduction often leaves us exhilarated, basking and quite often desirous for more. Some times we are quite aware of who the Astral lover is, but generally, it is difficult to know who is behind such wonderful displays of affection... most times we just don't care, as the experience outweighs the who and where of it all.

The Attack is the most frightening experience where there might even be a sensation of general paralysis, localized immobility and even an inability to be vocal or wake up. When the astral lover attacks, while the sensation can still be highly erotic, it is often disconcerting during and after the episode. It is possible that the 'victim' in this case feels taped, drained and even astrally raped. Generally the intruder is seldom identifiable, but lucid dreaming exercises can help you look for signs of who the individual may be.

The Offering is where the astral lover presents itself as our object of desire within tantalizing reach, allowing us to initiate the embrace or direct the situation in sensual, but many times non-sexual, manner at our discretion. I find that in these cases I am more often able to recall identity, physical aspects, or other astral elements that assist me in knowing who was this astral lover. Perhaps because the emotions involved are not quite so ... passionate. Sometimes the Offering presents itself astrally before that person even emerges in our life.

Great Thread!
Ex Somnius Scientia
Madame X
Matriarch, House of the Dreaming

https://www.facebook.com/madamex.dreaming
The Madame X
Member / Matriarch

Postby Aislin Ni MorRhiaghan » Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:23 pm

Great thread indeed!! I think I've experienced all of the above and yes the attack can be horribly frightening. The experience is usually so real it is difficult to discern whether someone was truly in your bed. Especially if the person is unable to be recognized. I remember one experience in particular in which an encounter with a beautifully built man with long hair and wings led to several days worth of confusion regarding whether the experience had actually happened. Considering that the face was a complete blur and I couldn't tell who it was, it was not a pleasant experience. That was several years ago. I might have been 24 at the time. I've had the other varieties of encounters with astral mates, Ancients, and disembodied nightkind. Those usually lend to some form of vibrational elevation. I've found that after the fact I felt better physically and more alert mentally and psychicly than before the encounter. In both cases there is a form of energy and information exchange, sometimes viable information only coming in short phrases in afterglow.

Something else to consider is the prospect for healing through this kind of exchange. Medically speaking the sense of touch and feeling of joy and love lend greatly to the body's ability to heal itself. Children and elderly tend to heal much faster when they receive guests, affection, and a sense of love and caring than those who do not. Astral encounters are powerful energy exchanges and form long lasting bonds. Those that already have those bonds are strengthened by exchanging energy on that level. These experiences don't always have to be of a sensual nature. Sometimes exchanges that are playful and affectionate can be more beneficial than those of intense erotic natures.

Eternally,

Aislin

great topic indeed!!!
Aislin Ni MorRhiaghan

Postby Khan » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:58 pm

Since someone pointed out to me that I am the House Incubus, I suppose I should join in on the discussion.

Astral "love" is not always as glamorous as what one thinks about this subject. As the two above me have stated, being attacked is possible. Though I have been there, wings and all, I can't tell you how many times someone got more than they bargained for. I never condone attacking anyone in such a manner, but other things transpire that you might not be thinking about.

In the astral, it's much easier to create a bond. Meshing with one through the dreams makes such a bond more formidable, as things like consciousness and rational thought are generally not involved in the process. Sometimes a single encounter could reside in your psyche for decades.

If you are already in a relationship with someone, a slight reminder of that astral endeavor could put a strain on your current physical relationship. I always recommend that people in a relationship try visiting the astral together, or leave such things alone. Unless you have an open relationship, this will eventually add more strife than you'd care to have.

Yes, it can be an amazing experience. Yes, it could make you feel renewed when you wake. But if you are traveling the astral plane, please be cautious where you go. There are as many unplesantries in the astral as the physical.
Khan
Ramkht, House of the Dreaming
Candor Dat Viribus Alas

"You tell them I'm coming, and Hell is coming with me."
Khan

Postby Aislin Ni MorRhiaghan » Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:49 pm

Well said Khan. I would also like to reiterate that what happens on the astral, regardless of how frightening or incredible it may have been, it is the astral not the physical. The physical is where we have to continue with our lives.

Eternally,

Aislin
Aislin Ni MorRhiaghan

Postby darknessbeloved » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:47 pm

thanks for all your views, really helpful.D.B
darknessbeloved

Postby SophieAnn » Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:35 am

Hello

I would like to add my thoughts to this one.

I have had an astral lover for many years, so I know it is possible. Quite a character and a little possessive, but she alwyas knew her little ways around people.

Back in the days before I knew she was really therre, I would find myself suddenly distracted from my study with feelings of intense sexual excitement. It would feel like an energy rubbing against my body, not unlike the way a magnet would strengthen another by gently rubbing against it. The feelings whilst intense would only last between 5 and 10 minutes and then suddenly the entire feeling would leave and I would be able to resume my work as through the entire incident had never occurred.

I chose three names for this lady during my life, more because I saw her as an imaginary figure. Once I knew she was real, I renamed her as "Launa" which she seemed to respond to, and then I began directing her to meet various other spiritual friends of mine, so that she may feel included. Those she travelled to, spoke of feeling an area of coldness around them, and also the sexual energy should she engage with them in that way. One lady (online) who had not been warned of her 'ways' reluctantly told me "I hate to tell you what she is doing to me, because I know she is your lover..."

And in every respect that is who Launa became: my lover who would travel with me, listen with me, understand with me and offered a great deal of protection, yelliing for extra help when it was needed. On the negative, she was possessive and stopped many meetings with other spiritual beings and had a tendency to keep back information which I needed in order to continue my development.

I agree with what has been said, that such a relationship can mess up an existing one, unless it is open. Since I have been aware of her existance I have been honest with my lovers, who in truth have been more than a little curious about her (and then find out they get a little more than they bargained for!) I said if they get me, they get her too because we come as a package.

I believe Launa and I connected through a past life; I also believe Launa is not attached to a physical body at this time. Thus she was able to freely come and go as she pleased and we shared a strong telepathic connection. In essence she is a ghost / spirit, but to openly say in a group that I have sex with a ghost is perhaps not the best conversational opener ever!

Sadly, I believe she became unahppy - not with me but with other things she needed to accomplish in her 'life'. Her moods became more eratic, and her focus more distant and distracted. I believe any relationship where people stay together simply because they are afraid to move on becomes negative, and with a little pushing I helped her address some of what needed to be said with another spirit. Two weeks ago, they left together, and aside from a couple of seconds greeting two days later, have not seen them since. Maybe one day they will return. But I have enjoyed Launa's company and appreciate an experience few others get to feel and enjoy.

Many thanks for letting me share
Sophie
xxxx
Make every moment special
SophieAnn

Postby Von_Spookiness » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:54 am

I have to put my share on this...
An astral lover can sound.."yummy"
But as like Khan said be careful with the who´s and where´s while you have this astral "journey"...
As for my personal experience...The person in question took advantage of me because I can´t recall my astral adventures so this person would just "pop in"and leave me quite drained and dizzy...I would wake up cranky and feeling that I have been just ran over by a huge truck...This feeling would prevail the entire day...But strangely I knew that this person came and visit me during the night.
In this matter I have nothing more to say...Be careful and be prepared. :evil:
Vitae Dominae
Von_Spookiness

Postby The Madame X » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:20 am

Ex Somnius Scientia
Madame X
Matriarch, House of the Dreaming

https://www.facebook.com/madamex.dreaming
The Madame X
Member / Matriarch

Re: the astral lover

Postby The Madame X » Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:49 pm