[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
House of the Dreaming • View topic - Recommended Reading

Recommended Reading

Here we will introduce and discuss non-fiction literary books and other publications. The goal is to broaden our horizons and deepen our collective personal study of esoteric topics of particular interest to our Nightkind Group, like magick, necromancy, mysticism, the astral realms, divination, the occult, paganism, shamanism, vampirism, therianthropy etc...

Moderator: The Madame X

Postby Sappho » Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:12 pm

Sappho

Postby Dys » Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:12 pm

"Expect nothing, but be prepared for anything"-Dys

"We are twilit spirits racing through the Dream...lets not forget to stop & smell the roses..."-Dys

myspace.com/lord_dys
Dys

Postby Lindsey88 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:04 pm

One book that i have read that i really like is "A History of God: The 4000-year Quest of Judaism, Christianity and Islam" by Karen Armstrong. I am getting my masters in Relgious studies and this book was recommend. i have read itand it offers info and diffrent theroies into the age old question "Does God exsist?"
Belle Mort
Lindsey
Lindsey88

Postby Arioch » Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:41 pm

Dark Blessings,
Arioch

It is not heresy and I will not repent!
Arioch

Vampire Nation

Postby The Madame X » Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:03 am

I recently acquired and just finished reading Vampire Nation by Arlene Russo.
Its not a new book, its been out in the UK since 2005 but was only released in the US this year.
The result is that the content will seem dated, redundant and boring to anyone that has read anything like the Codex, V or any of the Sanguinarium books. But there are some morsels of information that is seldom found in other books. Like interesting background on the foundation and disintegration of some of the older UK societies as well as some interesting tidbits on Prince Charles, Queen Victoria and Robin Hood.
But the best surprise for me was coming across several areas that featured our very own Bholanath and much detailed mention of his Order of the Crimson Tongues...which is now unfortunately defunct.

While not a particularly innovative or ground-braking book, it is now a prized book in my collection. And I do recommend you get it.

And you know... I expect all of you to tell me if you are mentioned or included in any book or magazine, so that I can add it to my collection.
Ex Somnius Scientia
Madame X
Matriarch, House of the Dreaming

https://www.facebook.com/madamex.dreaming
The Madame X
Member / Matriarch

Postby deacongray » Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:12 am

Wicked Warrior
deacongray
Member / Elder

*IOT Books new titles

Postby The Madame X » Mon May 04, 2009 6:52 pm

IOT Books new titles

*Hands-On Chaos Magic*
Reality Manipulation through the Ovayki Current
by Andrieh Vitimus

*The Serpent and the Eagle*
An Introduction to the Elder Runic Tradition
by Chris Travers

-----------------------------------------------------------------
*Hands-On Chaos Magic*
Reality Manipulation through the Ovayki Current
by Andrieh Vitimus

This irreverent guide to chaos magic emphasizes experimentation and finding out what works best for you. Andrieh Vitimus presents a revolutionary hands-on course of study for the average Jane or Joe. Vitimus banishes the severe tone of other esoteric orders, offering an accessible and practical approach that makes it easier to perform successful chaos magic that is uniquely your own.

"In the colorful (and sometimes absurd) subculture of magicians, wannabe magicians, and armchair wizards, Andrieh Vitimus is the real deal. You don't just attend his lectures and workshops, you practice honest-to-gods, in-your-face magic. Hands-On Chaos Magic, is just what it says, and the next best thing to working with the master himself.
"
—Lon Milo DuQuette, author of The Magick of Aleister Crowley

"Andrieh Vitimus's Hands-On Chaos Magic: Reality Manipulation Through the Ovayki Current, is clearly the work of an experienced magician. This practice-based book covers all the main aspects of practical Chaos Magic, and is underpinned with a sound basis of theory and a critique of the culture in which the magician is embedded. Vitimus also engages with the contentious issues of trance and identity, delivering a well-considered and thorough contribution to the Chaos Magic current.
"
—Dave Lee, author of Chaotopia

*The Serpent and the Eagle*
An Introduction to the Elder Runic Tradition
by Chris Travers

The Serpent and the Eagle is the most transparent and accessible book on Runes available today. By exploring the rich lore from Germanic mythical sources as well as comparative studies, this work shines light on the Runes like never before.

The first part of this book is a basic overview of most important elements of Germanic cosmology. In this work, the structure of the World Tree, space, time, and social order are explored in detail as they relate to the Runes.

The second part explores the structure and meaning of the Elder Futhark using a variety of methods. The meanings of the Runes are made accessible and enough information is provided to help the seeker explore this subject further.

The third part of this book explores practice. Here one will learn how to explore the Runes using meditation, get answers to questions using divination, and use the Runes to create changes in your life. Anyone interested in Runes, whether a novice or an advanced student, will find a wealth of information and insight in this book.

IOT Books says, "The Serpent and the Eagle is an excellent and insightful guide to the Elder Futhark. Penned with eloquence and sagacity, this book will supplement the knowledge base of many experienced runesters, while providing an extremely thorough foundation for the beginner. *Highly recommended*.
"

Author Biography: With over fifteen years of Runic and occult experience, Chris Travers is a Master in the Rune-Gild. He has studied history at The Evergreen State College, and resides in Washington State.

http://www.iotbooks.com/catalog/
Ex Somnius Scientia
Madame X

The Madame X
Member / Matriarch

Postby Jade Faol » Fri May 08, 2009 12:51 am

Jade Faol

Postby The Madame X » Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:21 pm

I understand this book mentions our Family:
Vampires Today: The Truth about Modern Vampirism (Hardcover)
by Joseph Laycock

I'd love to hear from anyone who has read it.
Ex Somnius Scientia
Madame X

The Madame X
Member / Matriarch

Postby deacongray » Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:26 pm

Who is the writer? I don't know that name from the community.
Wicked Warrior
deacongray
Member / Elder

Postby doreanne_shade » Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:32 am

I have to order it as no one around this area has it readily available to purchase in the stores. =(
I received some kind of email asking me to take a survey a while back for the research of a project they wanted to use in a book. To be honest it was so long ago and I never received any response from it ever again.

I'll let you know what I find out.
"You're shivering, Who do you live for?, "In order to discover, You must believe" ~Gackt"
doreanne_shade

Postby doreanne_shade » Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:34 am

Vampires Today: The Truth about Modern Vampirism
author: Joseph Laycock asin: 0313364729 binding: Hardcover list price: $39.95 USD ...

Here is the information I found from an email I received.
Hope it helps
"You're shivering, Who do you live for?, "In order to discover, You must believe" ~Gackt"
doreanne_shade

Postby Aislin Ni MorRhiaghan » Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:32 pm

Ok time to recontribute

Ascension Magick ... Christopher Penzak
Ancient Christian Magick...Coptic Texts of Ritual and Power...Meyer and Smith
Walking the Twilight Path...Michelle Bellanger
Vampire Nation....Arlene Russo
The Vampire Ritual Book....Michelle Belanger
Personal Kabbalah...Cohen
Psychic Dreamwalking....Michelle Belanger
Kiss for Lucifer....can't remember the author at the moment

Liked all of them but Vampire Nation. I did find it interesting to read the bits about the formation and reformation of the European vampire community.

Eternally,

Aislin
Aislin Ni MorRhiaghan

Re: Recommended Reading

Postby The Madame X » Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:06 am

Lately I have been in an ancient civilizations, their unsolved mysteries and unexplained parallels.

I have found myself re-reading my book In Search of Ancient Mysteries by Alan and Sally Landsburg ... but its a 1974 publishing and so much has happened since. I'm thinking its time to purchase another book on the subject.
I have been looking at a book called The Gold of the Gods, but that is also dated...
I just discovered a book published just last year, but it may be too biased called 'The Ancient Alien Question: A New Inquiry Into the Existence, Evidence, and Influence of Ancient Visitors' by Philip Coppens. I guess there are many on the subject, I would love to find one that is not quite so biased... also looking at 'History is Wrong' by Erich von Daniken 2009 publishing

Has anyone has read any of these books? Maybe you might like to suggest one on the topic?
Ex Somnius Scientia
Madame X

The Madame X
Member / Matriarch

Re: Recommended Reading

Postby Victorya » Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:02 pm

Is this the best recommended Astral Travel book? In other words does it teach efficacious methods to achieve through one's hard work to Astral Travel? >The Astral Projection Workbook, J.H. Brennan

Thank you.
V

Let Us Achive Greatness. On our own, but not alone . . .
Victorya

PreviousNext

Return to Akashic Hall Study Chamber