[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
House of the Dreaming • View topic - Phantom or Astral limbs

Phantom or Astral limbs

This publicly viewable forum is to discuss concepts and personal experiences surrounding mysterious and unexplained encounters with unseen forces, spiritual influences, people who don't know they are dead, and the many bridges and dark frontiers that approach us to the next world. Hauntings, possessions, spirit communications, apparitions, discarnate intelligences, and all things that go bump in the night.

Moderators: The Madame X, deacongray, LadyGigiFrost

Phantom or Astral limbs

Postby The Madame X » Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:17 am

The terms ‘phantom limb syndrome’ or ‘ghost limb syndrome’ have been used to describe the phenomenon where a person experiences the presence of a missing limb. This is better documented in individuals that have suffered amputations. Taking it a step further, energetic emanations from where these limbs once were have been recorded on electromagnetic imaging systems confirming said experiences and leaving medical doctors much in disarray.

Proposed as a result of inner nature, a very strong past-life memory, or otherwise shared soul, the talk of astral limbs (like tails and wings) prevails, particularly in the Therian and Otherkin community. These individuals experience the presence of non-physical appendages in the form of movement, pain, temperature and pleasurable sensations. They can experience the size, position and even texture of said appendages in a very real way. These astral limbs have been reported to manifest sporadically or persistently often causing social and physical maladjustments in the bearer of such.

While these questions possibly apply more so to the Therians and Otherkin here, but I’d love to hear all your views regardless.
Are astral limbs just a product of the imagination or a result of wish-fulfillment?
Or are they a positive validation of the Therian/ Otherkin experience?
Have you experienced an astral appendage?
If so we’d love to hear your experience(s).
Has this experience increased after your initial awakening?
Has anyone detected/identified your astral limb without being privy to it?
Ex Somnius Scientia
Madame X
Matriarch, House of the Dreaming

https://www.facebook.com/madamex.dreaming
The Madame X
Member / Matriarch

Postby Aislin Ni MorRhiaghan » Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:55 pm

While these questions possibly apply more so to the Therians and Otherkin here, but I’d love to hear all your views regardless.
Are astral limbs just a product of the imagination or a result of wish-fulfillment?
I can't speak for everyone but personally I often feel exactly as you say, as if something vital has been removed. Mor specifically it feels like a tingling between my shoulder blades near my spine that travels down the center of my back.

Or are they a positive validation of the Therian/ Otherkin experience?
I think in some cases it is. I also think that some Otherkin tend to consider the image of Fae or other beings to be winged when in actuality the wings are not physical but spiritual emanations of their Self. They are almost like wisps of netting that flow from the person in all directions. To some that have no other definition it could be perceived as wings. It's my understanding from speaking with several on the topic that the "wings" have different colors, patterns and variations. If they have blockages they may be spotted or striped. This might have added to the rendering of faeries with butterfly wings.

Have you experienced an astral appendage?
Yes. Two of them. Every time I undergo a transition I have strong tingling that is nearly painful. It's similar to the pins and needles feeling you have when your foot falls asleep.

If so we’d love to hear your experience(s).
Has this experience increased after your initial awakening?
I think it has increased with the number of transitions that I have every year. They have both shot through the roof lately.

Has anyone detected/identified your astral limb without being privy to it?
Yes.

Postby EzikielTempted » Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:06 pm

SINcerely,

Ezikiel
House of the Dreaming
Vox Homunculi

"There is no nightmare more potent than a memory."
EzikielTempted

Postby RavenHarte » Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:03 pm

Blessings Light & Dark
~v~RavenHarte~v~
HPS Clann Caladvwlch
RavenHarte

Postby Aislin Ni MorRhiaghan » Sun May 03, 2009 10:23 pm

Oddly enough Ravenhart I do tend to be surrounded by ravens but find my closer connection with the MorRhiaghan tends to come in the form of a vulture. The wings that have been described to me are also colored much like vulture wings. Keep in mind European vultures tend to be much much larger than North American vultures. I've heard stories of some German and Austrian varieties much larger than California's condors. My grandmother once told me about seeing a caged vulture in a traveling circus in England that looked down at her in perching mode. She was 4'9", not a big woman but that must have been a huge vulture.

Oddly enough I also tend to feel the tingling when there is malicious energy around. Sometimes when there is another vamp, sometimes when there is an Other in the close vacinity.

I would say in terms of validation that for some yes it could be. Higher entities, be they deity, Ancient, fae, or angelic are often perceived as having huge wings, sometimes multiple sets of wings. Part of that is the emanation of the aura of these entities and other parts of that has to do with the manner that our perceptions are translated. Birds have wings, things emanating from the middle of the back, the hips, the shoulders, sometimes backs of the knees would be perceived as wings also because it makes sense. Fae actually didn't actually have wings, but they did have tendrils that radiated around them. I suppose you could say this would be akin to angels being all heavenly and surrounded by pure white light, in white robes, and eternally too beautiful to look at. Truthfully, even the most compassionate angels were not so beautiful if you look at the earliest descriptions of them.

Eternally,

Aislin
Aislin Ni MorRhiaghan

Postby Jade Faol » Fri May 08, 2009 1:49 am

Another wonderful topic by Madame. I'm once again excited that I'm able to share some of my knowledge.

This is an article taken from a therian wiki site. The link, and any other I may use for this topic can be clicked on below:

"A phantom shift is when someone experiences phantom limbs when at a previous time they did not feel them. For a therian this is often from their theriotype, however phantom shifting can occur for other animals as well, and like other shifts can be invoked by Shamans and other practitioners of shapeshifting. Phantom shifts often represent only certain parts of the body, such as wings, tails, muzzles, scales, claws, etc., but can also be full-bodied. While the vast majority of therians experience phantom limbs, a minority do not. However, A number of therians state that they do not have phantom shifts, per se, but instead always feel their phantom limbs. A number of therians state that they do not have phantom shifts, per se, but instead always feel their phantom limbs."

However, many people have many different views on Therianthropy/Lycanthropy or otherwise. There are some that say it is impossible, and others who wholeheartedly believe in it. The views are different, and yet, sadly scientific research of Therians and Otherkin are still in the newborn stage. I mean, who would want to up and say "I'm a wolf therian, put me under the microscope!"

Once again, I will look through my old files and articles and see if I can dig for more concrete information
Jade Faol

Postby The Madame X » Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:04 pm

bump for Sacrelige...
because maybe
Ex Somnius Scientia
Madame X
Matriarch, House of the Dreaming

https://www.facebook.com/madamex.dreaming
The Madame X
Member / Matriarch

Postby Sacrelige » Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:51 pm

Hmm..

Stephen King, Tha Dark Tower Series. Book Two, titled The Drawing of the Three. The lobstrosities take off a few fingers from the main character, and a few toes too if I'm not mistaken. That's about as much as I've been exposed to 'phantom limbs.' Roland actually talks to his fingers, too, tells them that they're ghosts now and should leave him be.

~~;'@
Where love rules, there is no will to power; and where power predominates, there love is lacking. The one is the shadow of the other.
Sacrelige

Postby deacongray » Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:35 am

I certainly feel my fangs from time to time. I suppose it is not the same thing as are true phantom limb, but fangs and claws have always felt like they just SHOULD be there.

Deacon
Wicked Warrior
deacongray
Member / Elder

Postby Sacrelige » Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:08 pm

hehe definitely. "If my claws and teeth can't defend my own hide, then my hide's not worth defending." May as well have the claws n teeth to back it up :)

~~;'@
Where love rules, there is no will to power; and where power predominates, there love is lacking. The one is the shadow of the other.
Sacrelige

Re: Phantom or Astral limbs

Postby Sacrelige » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:10 am

http://youtu.be/xMWhyxEhYy8

9:30 Phantom limbs.

Also some interesting stuff later on synesthesia :D
Sacrelige

Re: Phantom or Astral limbs

Postby LadyGigiFrost » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:29 pm

I have to say, that there are times I feel my fangs...Oh dear that sounds so strange. If I get upset, feel threatened or in a lustful passion I am more aware of them. As well as what feel like a strange transformation, which I still have not been able to clearly identify as to why, but wings & and talons.
These two things are not always at the same time, and sometimes they are.
To be honest, I have not spent I great deal of time researching this, but I am most interested as there could be a spiritual link with the three.
I think I might be a little nervous what I might find - one awakening at a time right now when be a blessing - I think my plate is already full.
BlackSwan to Master Deacon
Dreaming of Dreaming ~Lady Frost
LadyGigiFrost
Black Swan

Return to Supernatural and Paranormal