[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
House of the Dreaming • View topic - The 6 Keys to the Embodied

The 6 Keys to the Embodied

Nonfiction literary compositions

Moderator: The Madame X

The 6 Keys to the Embodied

Postby The Madame X » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:52 am

The 6 Keys to the Embodied: A Synopsis of inward reaching techniques
By Madame X © 2010

Introduction:
Regardless of your individual level of experience you can Open, Discover, Communicate, Develop, and put the Embodied to work with these 6 practices:
1. Introspection
2. Affirmations
3. Visualization
4. Meditation
5. Trance
6. Astral Journey
Tomes have been written on each; my intention is to briefly introduce them as tools to work with the Embodied.

1. Introspection
When reaching within to our Embodied nothing is more important than Introspection. It is important to consider thoughts, words and actions, bringing intuitive responses into a conscious awareness by examining where motivations come from. Stop looking outward for answers, instead turn inward allowing the Embodied to manifest. To face ourselves and the other within - heart, fears, faults and frailties too. To accept and appreciate its ways, our ways; discovering the unique creatures that we are. Our journey is to embrace our true nature, angelic, bestial or demonic, as an intrinsic part of a larger whole claiming our own rightful place in symbiosis. It is through introspection that we make peace with our Embodied becoming one with it.
Journaling is a terrific tool for introspection as we continue self-observation well after memory has forgotten the subtle nuances. We may also try Reverse Introspection, where we begin examining the last occurrence fist.

2. Affirmations
Verbal affirmations are another great tool for personal empowerment, as they enable reaching and developing the Embodied, be it verbally (words / chants), visually or physically. Positive affirmations impress the conscious and the subconscious mind, building confidence, then shaping attitudes and behaviors, as they become belief. Effective affirmations contain elements of certainty, intentions and the positive qualities of our Embodied (this last inclusion is a critical cohesive factor in establishing/sustaining the relationship). Therefore: from affirmation to acceptance, to affection, to cohesive self-esteem.

3. Visualization
Visualization is a simple process, fundamental in most magickal practices and a terrific tool for reaching our Embodied. Visualization begins in The Mind´s Eye as it acts as a magnet drawing to us what we wish, in this case a deeper connection with our Embodied. Visualization is a form of mental enactment or rehearsal, which sharpens the will improving skills, enhancing ability, and refining performance in a variety of areas from sports, to art, to magickal craft. Creative visualization builds mental images in the mind helping focus on the visual qualities of our Embodied while aiming toward any goals and situations we may want to achieve; in itself Visualization is a visual affirmation. The idea is to see and project our Embodied selves at their very best in unity with the Self. Again, it’s as important to visualize what we are certain of as well as our desired intent. Visualizations will help define our Embodied, unite it with the Self through realization and actualization.

Exercise 1: Seeing Beyond Form – Sit or stand, facing a reflective surface, which can be a mirror, a black mirror, a natural water source, a water basin, or another reflective surface, crystal or silver being preferred. There should be a light source strong enough to allow viewing, be it candlelight or a natural source like moonlight. Focus on the reflection intending to connect visually with the embodied and allowing eyes to blink when needed. As vision blurs our reflection begins to reveal what we need to see.

4. Meditation
There are two types of meditative practices. ‘Passive ’ where in stillness a single focus or blank, allows for a connection with the higher self, divinity, or (for our purposes) a connection with The Embodied, and ‘Active’ where we may be engaged in an activity like drumming or dancing allowing our mind to enter a meditative state.
Passive Meditation includes: focused contemplation of auditory or visual stimuli, Yogic sutras, Buddhist or Zen meditation, Pranayama or breath control, etc…

Exercise 2: The Dragon's Statue – Here we allow the Embodied to surface by achieving inner peace. Getting into a relaxed position, begin with 5 - 15 minutes of complete silence and stillness. Eyes closed, breathing softly with sensory awareness placed on heartbeat, breathing, and inner sounds. The mind should be cleared and thoughts should revert to our primary intent.

Another type is Assisted Passive Meditation where items like: elements, crystals, incense, pyramids, masks, etc… are used to enhance deeper meditative levels. You may want to try incorporating an element or item that resonates with your embodied to further your connection.
Active meditation includes: Reading, looking thru a set of visual images, Shiatsu Massage, repetition of mantras, drumming, flagellation, automatic writing, automatic painting, intoning, chanting, also aerobic exercises like dancing, running, sexual stimulation, etc…
Depending on the individual, there may be a particular activity that triggers a meditative state or connection with the Embodied. Awareness of this is always a great beginning.

5. Trance / Altered States of Consciousness
Voluntarily Altered States of Consciousness can be achieved in a variety of way including: deep meditation via ecstatic dance or drumming, physical pain or sexual ecstasy, as well as journeying or vision questing. Some claim that certain chemicals can open similar doors, but the faster, chemically induced trances are discouraged because they can exceed personal awareness levels, possibly leading to unnecessary physical, mental and emotional damage. During Trance we may obtain sensory experiences, auditory or visual messages and memories that pertain to The Embodied. These can be short simple snapshots, or lengthy visions detailed in complexity.

6. Astralling and Akashic Hall Retrieval
This practice is the culmination of reaching inward. Here we reach onto a different plane where we may interact with the Embodied in unexpected ways. For precautionary grounding purposes, beginners should attempt Astral travel only with a guide or watcher. Voluntary Out of Body Experiences (OBEs), Astral Projection, and Dreaming are forms of Astralling.
Visiting the Astral can help us reach out to astral entities i.e.: elementals, deities, and ancients who may provide information about the Embodied. Here we may also retrieve insight from the Akashic Halls (aka: The Astral Library).
It’s important to differentiate what is truly a message, what we are ‘picking-up’ from the environment, and what is imagination; sometimes the line is fine, whereas not every vision or dream should be interpreted literally.
To further our connection with the Astral tools may be used; to deepen our connection with the embodied, these tools should reflect some aspect of it and may include: Shedding of clothes (skyclad), donning of robes, hoods, masks, runes, jewelry… preparations like baths, unction’s, blessings, and consecrations… using athames, wands, crystals or elements to open portals… Incense, victuals and libations…Affirmations and visualizations … etc…

In conclusion:
Introspection, Affirmation, Visualization, Meditation, Trance and Astral Journey are 6 keys that with dedicated study and practice will assist us to Open, Discover, Communicate, Develop, and put the Embodied to Work!
It is my goal to encourage trial of these practices with focused intent on reaching the embodied and that you share some of your experiences with us.
I look forward to your feedback.
Ex Somnius Scientia
Madame X
Matriarch, House of the Dreaming

https://www.facebook.com/madamex.dreaming
The Madame X
Member / Matriarch

Postby Taris » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:41 am

What we perceive is our reality is our reality. We think on right and wrong, good and evil, light and dark, god, and the universe yet never look at it from the larger view. Societal and individual perceptions.
Taris

Postby The Madame X » Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:42 pm

Ex Somnius Scientia
Madame X

The Madame X
Member / Matriarch

Re: The 6 Keys to the Embodied

Postby Ookami » Sun May 08, 2011 8:49 am

The exercise described with reflective surfaces, crystal and silver are the most resonating methods. Would doing such exercise in natural elements like pounds or bodies of water not be as "powerful"?

I assume that there are many topics on astral travel which i must go read but just for the moment I wondered why it helps to have a helper.
My attempts haven't been nearly as productive as I would of wished them to be and even less now since I lost my main motivation to do so but I ask because i am quite curious as to the difference in productivity if I had help.
"Look upon the world and see that It looks back at you, Never forget what we fight for"
"None are more hopelessly enslaved, than those who falsely believe they are free"
Ookami
Dedicant

Postby The Madame X » Tue May 10, 2011 1:55 pm

Natural reflective bodies of water like ponds are perfect for such.
Having a study and practice partner can be a wonderful asset as long as there is good communication and both have similar or at least compatible goals.
It sounds like you may be ready for one.
:)
Ex Somnius Scientia
Madame X

The Madame X
Member / Matriarch

Postby Ookami » Tue May 10, 2011 8:33 pm

I wish I was to be honest. I may be wrong in saying this but so far I have only met one person, who I felt I wanted to reach out to in that way and sadly I don't think we can speak on good terms anymore.
Even though its really new to me, Astral Travel Feels like its something really private which you are only suppose to share with those who you are drawn too. Is it meant to be like that?

I hope that I find another so that I can allow myself to learn further but I think that I may have become closed off as of late.
I have been dreaming less and haven't had almost any control of my conscious mind during deep meditation.
Maybe recent events (what ever they may be) are blocking me somehow., I am not sure.

That is why the mirrored image exercises sound interesting, Maybe there is something I am not seeing.
"Look upon the world and see that It looks back at you, Never forget what we fight for"
"None are more hopelessly enslaved, than those who falsely believe they are free"
Ookami
Dedicant

Postby The Madame X » Wed May 11, 2011 12:25 pm

When seeking an Astral Travel guide, watcher or even study partner you should seek someone you trust. Closeness can be a factor for some, but to me the key element is trust. Someone who will lead you the way you wish it, record the process and progress accurately, be able to study independently and constructively add to your own work, and bring you out of it when you need to come out.
Certainly it is best to study with someone who has (at least some) experience with this type of work, but you can also select someone who is interested in learning it.

Regarding not dreaming, I will bump up a thread for you on the Dreams area of the forum.
Ex Somnius Scientia
Madame X

The Madame X
Member / Matriarch

Postby The Madame X » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:16 pm

Bump for Miss LaRue
Ex Somnius Scientia
Madame X

The Madame X
Member / Matriarch

Postby LaRue » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:50 am

thank you ~
LaRue

Postby The Madame X » Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:50 pm

Bump for BlackWolf
Ex Somnius Scientia
Madame X

The Madame X
Member / Matriarch

Postby LaRue » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:46 am

The more i read and absorb this article... the more hope and responsibility it makes. While i have experienced these 6 keys often throughout my life,... it has never been with a focused intent or will. More so it has been spontaneous breaches pulling to a homeland. The result has been a type of compartmentalization .... that tends to get cagey and spill outside the lines with a force that .. is not always positive in other aspects of life.

But this article, .. this focused intent gives a hope of integration, strength of the idea of wholeness, rather than fragments .. from which to fully be present and surging.

I look forward to commenting on this article in future,... after much practice with this focus and intention. :)
LaRue

Return to Articles (for the Outer Circle)