[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
House of the Dreaming • View topic - Lighting Descriptions & Paranormal

Lighting Descriptions & Paranormal

This publicly viewable forum is to discuss concepts and personal experiences surrounding mysterious and unexplained encounters with unseen forces, spiritual influences, people who don't know they are dead, and the many bridges and dark frontiers that approach us to the next world. Hauntings, possessions, spirit communications, apparitions, discarnate intelligences, and all things that go bump in the night.

Moderators: The Madame X, deacongray, LadyGigiFrost

Lighting Descriptions & Paranormal

Postby LadyGigiFrost » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:54 pm

I wanted to lightly touch base of Light and those that see spirits, & other non-physical beings.
I have tried to keep this short so I do not loose anyone, as I know most of this might be boring. But, I hope that it will intrigue a few.

The human eye is a type of light detector and the optic nerve is the method of sending information and
images to the brain. It runs from the back of the eyeball and through the optic fora-men, where it connects with the brain. This nerve transmits the signals for vision to the brain making vision possible. Our light detectors pick up white visible light, which in short contains all the colors of the rainbow from red to violet. While the human eye can see red, it can not see infrared. However, there are some who do not have a lens, which is located directly behind the iris and is used to focus light into the retina allowing them to see infrared.
The approximate range of wave length of EM radiation from 380nm to 760nm.

This is why many paranormal investigators us IR only camera's.
(Infrared is also called IR).

Visible Lite frequency

visible_light_chart.jpg
visible_light_chart.jpg (32.02 KiB) Viewed 11619 times
Lighting Descriptions explained & Paranormal

(SEE VISIBLE LIGHT CHART ATTACHED)

Wavelength – Frequency - Color
1-nm to 400nm - 750 to 1500 THz - Ultra Violet
380nm to 450nm - 688 to 789 THz - Violet
450nm to 495 nm - 606 to 668 THz - Blue
495nm to 570nm - 526 to 606 THz - Green
570nm to 590nm - 508 to 526 THz - Yellow
590nm to 620nm - 484 to 508 THz - Orange
620nm to 750nm - 400 to 484 THz - Red
665nm to 900nm - 120 to 400 THz - Near Infrared

“Researchers at the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine estimate that the transference of information from the eyes to the brain runs at about the speed of an Ethernet connection (Kreeger, 2006)”

I bring up a short version on this topic, because of the connection of the human eye, electromagnetic spectrum, rhythm waves (alpha, bata, delta, & theta) also work on frequencies, are all transmitted according to the person differently to the brain. Some of us who have the ability to see ghost and non-physical beings do so because we are more sensitive to the electromagnetic filed that all things have.

More energetic waves have shorter wavelengths while less energetic waves have longer wavelengths. Like IR Light electromagnetic radiation, the wavelength's that are too long can not be seen by the naked human eye to detector.
(SEE MY CHART ABOVE)

Full- Spectrum -
Covers the electromagnetic spectrum from infrared through and to the edge of Ultra vilote. Such as the sun is considered full spectrum.

Ultraviolet Light -
electromagnetic radiation with shorter than visible light. However it is longer than that of X-Ray in the range of 10nm to 400nm. Most importantly the energies from 3e V to 124 e V.
UV is also classified as non-ionizing radiation and the higher the energies of the UV spectrum for example: 150 nm are ionizing (vacuum UV).
Low Energy Light-

LED Light – is also known as light emitting diode (EL-ee-DEE), what is it? It's a semiconductor source. You may be more familiar with them in flash lights and now, even as the new light bulbs for inside homes. The LED's have a very bright source and have a broad spectrum from visible, ultraviolet and infrared.
BlackSwan to Master Deacon
Dreaming of Dreaming ~Lady Frost
LadyGigiFrost
Black Swan

Re: Lighting Descriptions & Paranormal

Postby Sacrelige » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:55 pm

Interesting :)

Other creatures see in varying spectrums as well. Butterflies, dogs and the mantis shrimp.

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/mantis_shrimp

Our rainbow is simple compared to what a butterfly must be able to see. I couldn't even fathom the mantis shrimp.

I wonder if there is any sort of correlation between color blindness and extravisual perception?
Where love rules, there is no will to power; and where power predominates, there love is lacking. The one is the shadow of the other.
Sacrelige

Postby LadyGigiFrost » Sun May 05, 2013 4:38 pm

Sacrelige,
I have several parapsychology books that make reference and with case history it. However, all my books (everything really) Are packed up. As soon as I can get to them, I will post to that.
As we know, when one of our sense is gone, other sense become more heightened - like touch, smell and hearing. I could research it on the net, however I love my books.
LadyGigiFrost
Black Swan

Postby Sacrelige » Sun May 05, 2013 5:26 pm

Very nice :)

My fiance tells me about her relative whom went blind but could tell every noise in the house. There was no sneaking when she was nearby. Or even across the house. I've read that people who have been blind most/all of their lives even "see" words they read in braille, not unlike the echolocation capability bats possess.
Where love rules, there is no will to power; and where power predominates, there love is lacking. The one is the shadow of the other.
Sacrelige

Postby LadyGigiFrost » Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:32 pm

I would agree - close your eyes and think and say a word and that image will form in your mind.
I have also been able to feel different levels of light and energy with my eyes closed. I feel it has something to do with, when one of our senses are down, the other's become more heightened.

When I am around a large group of people, I use this light as a wall, like protection from picking up on other's emotions and thoughts.
I have moved and unpacked. I well go through my book for you.
:D
LadyGigiFrost
Black Swan

Postby Sacrelige » Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:43 pm

Tne research I found seemed to suggest something closer along the lines of echolocation, perceiving the braille as more than bumps under the finger. Sort of like a computer scanner?

Am looking forward to it, Lady Frost :)
Sacrelige

Return to Supernatural and Paranormal