[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
House of the Dreaming • View topic - Recommended Reading

Recommended Reading

Here we will introduce and discuss non-fiction literary books and other publications. The goal is to broaden our horizons and deepen our collective personal study of esoteric topics of particular interest to our Nightkind Group, like magick, necromancy, mysticism, the astral realms, divination, the occult, paganism, shamanism, vampirism, therianthropy etc...

Moderator: The Madame X

Postby DarkAngelFire » Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:55 pm

Alot of these books I've come across in my journy(ies) in/to the bookstore. I'm surprised, however that noone has mentioned the book, "Vampires, the Occult Truth" by Kostaninos(sp?). I am in the middle of reading it this very minute and Im waiting on my copy of the Psychic Vampire Codex by Michelle Belanger. :) :D
DarkAngelFire

Postby Jezabel » Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:12 am

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -- Albert Einstein

"Before you speak, ask yourself ; is it kind? is it true? does it improve on the silence?" - His Holiness The Dalai Lama
Jezabel

Postby The Madame X » Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:58 am

Ex Somnius Scientia
Madame X
Matriarch, House of the Dreaming

https://www.facebook.com/madamex.dreaming
The Madame X
Member / Matriarch

recommended reading list

Postby The Madame X » Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:18 am

Ex Somnius Scientia
Madame X

The Madame X
Member / Matriarch

Postby DarkAngelFire » Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:27 pm

DarkAngelFire

Postby Aislin Ni MorRhiaghan » Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:45 pm

Aislin Ni MorRhiaghan

Postby DarkAngelFire » Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:15 pm

DarkAngelFire

Postby Aislin Ni MorRhiaghan » Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:30 pm

Aislin Ni MorRhiaghan

Re: a few other books

Postby zhiva » Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:12 pm

zhiva

Postby zhiva » Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:19 pm

zhiva

Postby Aislin Ni MorRhiaghan » Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:40 pm

Aislin Ni MorRhiaghan

Print on demand

Postby The Madame X » Wed May 31, 2006 2:10 pm

Cross-post from Announcements section:

Print on demand has made it possible for many individuals and groups to put their philosophies on nightkind to print. HotD feels that any such efforts to open minds and expand personal horizon within our community is precious, regardless if we conjointly agree or not with the published material. We encourage any group or individual to pursue ‘print-on-demand’ options and publish their ideologies to the benefit of our community.
We feel that no written work can ever replace or supplant another, but that together they add to the invaluable library that we are mutually creating.
I encourage you to look at our list of recommended titles www.houseofthedreaming.org/essays/booklist.html and that you keep an eye out for other such publications.
Ex Somnius Scientia
Madame X

The Madame X
Member / Matriarch

Postby The Madame X » Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:00 pm

Ex Somnius Scientia
Madame X

The Madame X
Member / Matriarch

Postby Lady Hummingbird » Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:56 am

I have been reading 'Mindful Dreaming' by David Gordon. Heard mixed reviews on his work prior to picking up the book but I have found that this one at least is well grounded and informative. I deals more with concepts than literal interpretation of dreams and some of his exercises are powerful.

I recently picked up 'Essential Energy Balancing' (parts 1 and 2) by Diane Stein. If anyone has read them or knows her work I would be interested in your opinion.

I have a lot of books but after reading the lists here I can see me outgrowing another bookshelf, lol.

Can't wait to get the latest liber from the Sanguinarium but alas the shipping cost to Hawaii are more than the book so it will have to wait till I go back to the mainland.
Lady Hummingbird

one more book

Postby The Madame X » Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:53 pm

I'd like to add Michelle Belanger's newest book "Vampires in their own words" which I just finished reading. It encompasses a collection of accounts from various contributors, which means quite a few different perspectives to weed thru! Some terrific personal accounts and some good occult musings form community members.
I recommend that you pick up this book at:
http://www.amazon.com/Vampires-Their-Ow ... 2205/ref=p
Ex Somnius Scientia
Madame X

The Madame X
Member / Matriarch

PreviousNext

Return to Akashic Hall Study Chamber